Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone..

A new owner of a mint low mileage (13k miles) 2007 SLK280. I haven't gotten to putting the HT convertible down yet. I was wondering...is it
possible to have the HT convertible up but have both the driver, passenger AND the rear quarter windows down at the same time? :tu:

I thought I recently saw one of the SLKWorld members' SLK's that
looked like all windows were down while the HT convertible top was
up.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the non-technical question.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Yes. With roof up, use the center console roof control lever. Double click (1/2-1 second apart) towards the roof down portion. All 4 windows (2 main and 2 rear quarter) should go down. I am uncertain if this function still works for 2009 and later models (face-lift).

If you then use the door mounted controls to move the main windows up, the rear quarter panel windows will remain down, if so desired.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Eddy,

Is there a way to have all 4 windows up with the roof down? I always thought that would help on colder days with reducing the wind turbulance.............

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Eddy,

Is there a way to have all 4 windows up with the roof down? I always thought that would help on colder days with reducing the wind turbulance.............

Not that I'm aware of, supposedly the factor answer is they are too weak without support to withstand the wind loading.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
As John stated: No.

IIRC, DansSLk states the rear quarter windows are not designed to withstand the wind forces at moderate to high driving speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts