Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... problem when roof is opened on our 2005 SLK 200 Kompressor

When the roof goes down.. these small rear windows slide gently into the slots, but a small piece (like a fin) stays sticking up.. on both sides of the car..

I have only noticed this today... but I know they certainly used to go completely down into the car when the roof was open...

Have searched the forum.... ... but nothing relates to my problem...

Anyone any ideas please... ?? we have had the roof up and down several times today.. all to no avail..

:frown::frown::frown:

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,161 Posts
has always stuck up on all my r171s

Attachments

·
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a shark's fin.... horrible...

:frown::frown:

Used to have completely clean lines when the roof was down... now looks like something has been stuck on as an afterthought..

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,411 Posts
Used to have completely clean lines when the roof was down... now looks like something has been stuck on as an afterthought..
Mine looks exactly the same as the picture in Jeff's post above... not perfect, but that's the way it's always been on my R171.

·
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mmmmm.. sounds like I have had a senior moment...:wink::wink:

I was so sure that the back window went flush.. but am now wondering if I am confusing the windows on the SLK with those on my Sunbeam Rapier... the back quarterlight of which hides itself completely (that car is a pillarless coupé).

Ah well, apologies all round... I'll blame it on the weather ... much too hot for sensible thought..:smile::smile::smile:

·
103,161 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
?????

Hmmmm. Was just gonna say....is that a minute smudge I see?

Isn't that against code?

Who do speak to about thIs?

·
103,161 Posts
it was already taken care of. shall i enlarge that photo so u can see if it is really a smudge or just your eye playing tricks or do you want the latest photo? :D

·
103,161 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Oooohhh. She's loverly. ?

@cliveandstella - I know mine's an R170 and yours is an R171 but same thing here. Always poked up a bit on ours too. Good point actually - had wondered about that myself.

Side note: I definitely see I smudge.

·
103,161 Posts
please circle the smudge.
but do it before I leave for the Stanley Cup Playoff game.

·
103,161 Posts
Thank you. You are looking at the work light reflection on the right side :D

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
1,274 Posts
Thank you. You are looking at the work light reflection on the right side :D
Either that, or the reflection of the bare bulb in the garage ceiling, not illuminated when the image was shot...

Jeff, have you considered getting one of those inflatable balloons to park in, so that nothing but perfectly filtered and dehumidified air ever touches the car when it's parked in your garage? Keeps dust, errant fingerprints, kitty paws, and the like at bay...:grin:

·
103,161 Posts
I'm not having any issues, but Jo is :D. She is 'seeing' smudges. Probably needs some vitamin D.

·
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ha ha... smudges.. what smudges... all your cars seem to gleam as if they are kept in a showroom.. though I know that this is due to lots of hard work on your part :wink:

here is a photo of my Rapier V.... in pillarless coupé mode..with smudges everywhere... have great plans to redo the upholstery and paintwork... but something else always takes precedence. :frown::frown:

:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.