Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Does anyone know if the rear window regulator are the same on a pre face lift and a face lift model.
Loads of driver side on ebay but no passenger sides. Found a pre facelift in scrap yard and would like to know if they are the same part??
Merc want 300 pound for new regulator!!

Cheers
Keith

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,337 Posts
isppi only shows regulator for the front window, not the rear window

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
https://slk-links.neocities.org/EPCLINKS.HTM

Not sure about pre/post F/L, but I recall checking whether the driver/passenger sides were different not long ago.
I believe they had same part number.
You can check using the link above.
They are actually different numbers left and right . And the way they work u need left and right side .
All the parts are the same but the main metal panel will be left and right.
Might get a right side one and try to repair old one as it decided to wrap the wire around the motor!!
Cheers
Keith

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,788 Posts
*thinks*
Now if only somebody was on WIS and had a VIN for a pre and a post ..

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
889 Posts
I am not in a position to state categorically what the answer is but whereas these parts of the car are asymetric and the regulators have to move the windows in the same but opposite way would they be similar but different?
After all we know MB is not always the sharpest when it comes to parts design that let one part work both left side and right side.
Check part numbers is all I got!

·
1,788 Posts
Hi all

Does anyone know if the rear window regulator are the same on a pre face lift and a face lift model.
Loads of driver side on ebay but no passenger sides. Found a pre facelift in scrap yard and would like to know if they are the same part??
Merc want 300 pound for new regulator!!

Cheers
Keith
According to WIS/EPC, that'd be Yes.

Cross referenced a 2001 320 with a '99 230:

Post Facelift
Window Lift Right - A 170 670 02 03
Window Lift Left - A 170 670 01 03

Pre FaceLift

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not in a position to state categorically what the answer is but whereas these parts of the car are asymetric and the regulators have to move the windows in the same but opposite way would they be similar but different?
After all we know MB is not always the sharpest when it comes to parts design that let one part work both left side and right side.
Check part numbers is all I got!
They use the same parts on both I think but the main metal part is left and right side.

Cheers
Keith

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks M4RCU5 :hail:

Trouble is the scrap car I found on website they don't have !!! :mad:

There is a repair kit available from Germany on ebay so might go down that route yet.

Might also look and see if I can get a replacement wire. ( was suggested on here a while back )

Keeping my options open at moment!!

Cheers
Keith

·
1,788 Posts
Thanks M4RCU5 :hail:

Trouble is the scrap car I found on website they don't have !!! :mad:

There is a repair kit available from Germany on ebay so might go down that route yet.

Might also look and see if I can get a replacement wire. ( was suggested on here a while back )

Keeping my options open at moment!!

Cheers
Keith
Odd that there are no n/s regulators on ebay, yet there's 5 or 6 o/s

Have you tried THIS ONE? Wolverhampton area.

Edit.
ANOTHER ONE up in Leeds

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wonder if its just the left side that has the problem ??

Good spot on the breakers but I will have to hold fire for the weekend as I have a lot going on.
Hopefully get some time on Sunday to hunt round.

Cheers
Keith

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
889 Posts
According to WIS/EPC, that'd be Yes.

Cross referenced a 2001 320 with a '99 230:

Post Facelift

Pre FaceLift

So PFL and FL are the same parts but the parts are different left side to right side which is what I expected.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi all

Just a little update.

I have purchased a repair kit from Germany . costing around 41 quid posted and on its way!!. Will have fun trying this out on my broken regulator

Just my luck. I had a look on Gumtree and a breaking car was advertised. So I have a working regulator off a pre face lift car. Top runner was very angled so I have drilled it and cable tied it just to give it extra support!!
Was going to bolt it or rivet it but decided a good cable tie will give extra support. Needs a good grease up and ready for fitting when it gets dry again!!

Cheers
Keith

·
1,788 Posts
Hi all

Just a little update.

I have purchased a repair kit from Germany . costing around 41 quid posted and on its way!!. Will have fun trying this out on my broken regulator

Just my luck. I had a look on Gumtree and a breaking car was advertised. So I have a working regulator off a pre face lift car. Top runner was very angled so I have drilled it and cable tied it just to give it extra support!!
Was going to bolt it or rivet it but decided a good cable tie will give extra support. Needs a good grease up and ready for fitting when it gets dry again!!

Cheers
Keith
That's always the case, it's like waiting for a bus :grin:

Thanks for the update and keep us posted :tu:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts