Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car in for an MOT and it failed on a broken rear coil spring, I had the garage replace both springs but the rear of the car seems/is sitting higher than it was before. The spring broke at the bottom so I know it will be a bit higher but I don't think it should be this high. The part number on the invoice is A1721241245, I am just wondering if they have fitted standard springs and not ones for an AMG model which should be 25mm lower. I do have the old springs which have 3 blue stripes on them and have been replaced with the same. They might just need to settle down a bit, has anyone else replaced the rear springs on their car and do they take a little time to settle.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,143 Posts
3 blue stripe is sport AMG.

So you got A1721241245 & it says A2103243404.

Just in case I am missing something I'll ask Tim to review @WoZ53
Code 486 just says sports suspension

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help on this, the part number you quoted does come up on the internet as a rear coil spring but the part number I have doesn't.

·
Super Moderator 06 SLK 280
10,510 Posts
Thanks for your help on this, the part number you quoted does come up on the internet as a rear coil spring but the part number I have doesn't.

The part number Myk listed is the correct one for sport suspension.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,947 Posts
And this thread not in suspension section
Because mods?
:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your help, I will give the garage a ring on Monday. If someone has a standard AMG styled SLK CDI and gets a chance could you please measure the distance from the centre of the rear wheel to the underside of the wing, i can't find that information anywhere.
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts