Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all from Manchester UK - Found this site sometime back, so far it's been a wealth of helpful knowledge. I drive a 2005 SLK55. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me locate some part numbers for the rear discs and pads on my car and also the front coil springs.

It's got the 2 piece discs on the front (6 pot) so i think it'll have the 4 pot brakes on the rear if that's any help. Also here's my VIN if it's helps: WDB1714732F083162

I'm based in the UK, so not sure if US part numbers will be the same?

Thanks,
Alex

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,593 Posts
Hi Alex, I'm about to do my front brakes and possibly the rear a little later on. I believe these are the part numbers you need for discs and pads.

171 423 02 12 (disc)
005 420 41 20 (pads)

There aren't many alternatives for the discs on this car so I think your best bet will be to get the rear discs and pads from a dealer. They'll obviously confirm the parts you need from your reg!

·
2,593 Posts
Cheers Col. Also had the front brakes done. Used Tarox disc's and pads on the front rather than the OEM ones. Worked out a bit cheaper.
No worries. I looked at the Tarox front rotors too and I have seen them fitted to other forum members cars. A good saving is available if you re-use your hub and get rotors only. I couldn't be arsed with that so have stuck with Brembo's a bit cheaper at EuroCarparts than from the main dealer. :wink:

Dealer in Nottingham has just quoted me £197.20 + VAT per disc for the rears. Let us know if you manage to find OEM or good quality alternatives any cheaper.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,701 Posts
I stand to be corrected, but I think our rear discs are fairly 'standard' and can be sourced from the many options at Eurocarparts/Fleabay etc. The only problem might be matching the drill and slot patterns to the fronts, if aesthetics is important. Hopefully someone will chime-in with the dimensions as a cross-check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer in Nottingham has just quoted me £197.20 + VAT per disc for the rears. Let us know if you manage to find OEM or good quality alternatives any cheaper.
I've just ordered the rear disc x2 plus the pad wear sensors for all round for £371.42 inc VAT from Mercedes dealer in Whitefield (north Manchester). Which seemed a 1/2 decent price. I've got the rear pads again from Tarox.

·
2,593 Posts
I stand to be corrected, but I think our rear discs are fairly 'standard' and can be sourced from the many options at Eurocarparts/Fleabay etc. The only problem might be matching the drill and slot patterns to the fronts, if aesthetics is important. Hopefully someone will chime-in with the dimensions as a cross-check.
That was my original thought, they don't appear to anything special. Adam @rgv250ads tried some different brands Pagid and Mintex I believe but they didn't fit the hub correctly, perhaps he may be able to elaborate. As for Euro they don't list any rear discs on their website for my reg 06.

I've just ordered the rear disc x2 plus the pad wear sensors for all round for £371.42 inc VAT from Mercedes dealer in Whitefield (north Manchester). Which seemed a 1/2 decent price. I've got the rear pads again from Tarox.
Looks like your local stealer "steals" a bit less than mine for the rears. I have found somewhere in America cheaper even after all the import charges. Just another case of rip off Britain!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yep rears that claim to fit from pagid, mintex and others dont fit. I went through three different attempts and none fitted. They all had 3 or 4 other merc/daimler models aswell as slk55 fitment, but they were a terrible fit not even close! Oem on rears are the only ones I found actually fitted. So annoying these manufacturers claim oem fitment yet dont at all! Grrrrrr.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll let you know how the Tarox ones fit on the rear of mine. Have them fitted next week sometime.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Reactions: Col

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,728 Posts
Hi All
If my memory is correct I think I fitted Zimmerman pads on the back they fitted no problem , that's with Oem rear disks . I have Tar.ox rotors at the front with Oem centre (£500 for the pair) with Oem pads .

Cheers

Andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.