Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some assistance identifying 3 bolts on the rear brake caliper. I sheared one off so the threaded part is now stuck inside the caliper, and I need to source a replacement once I've worked out how to get the old one out. I've checked EPC, but the part isn't listed as far as I can see.

They are not the 16mm bolts that hold the caliper onto the wheel hub, I think they are used to hold the two halves of the caliper together. I removed all 3 of them mistakenly thinking they were the mounting bolts, but after the caliper didn't move I realised my mistake and noticed the 2 x 16mm bolts behind the caliper! I overtightened one, and it sheared off.

The bolts have 11mm heads, and have thread only on the lower half. I've attached some identifying pictures, one annoted from Pelicanparts and one from EPC

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Go on ebay and buy a second hand caliper.

I was hoping to avoid that if at all possible! A used caliper isn't very expensive but it can't be less than a single bolt :wink:

On looking though, it does seem these bolts come as a part of the caliper from new so they probably weren't meant to be removed, so perhaps I am resigned to replacing the whole caliper. Seems a waste, but it's a lesson learnt - make sure you're clear what you're unbolting!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts