Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I will now use this thread as the beginning of my civility rant....

When you see a car merging, move over or try to make a hole to let him in - maybe he'll do it for you some day. When you're merging, look for a hole in traffic and use it; accelerate to the speed of current traffic; you are NOT entitled to merge NOR to drive to the very end of the merge in order to pass 6 cars....

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,786 Posts
Sorry, if they are a BMW or mustang or any other car I hate, it ain't happening
They ain't letting you in EVAH! EVAH!

and when there is a left turn lane, GET IN IT ALREADY and out of my way :D

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No matter how fast you're going, you do not own the left lane, nor are you empowered to set the speed limit for those that go a bit quicker, nor should you pull out in front of a fast mover to avoid having to slow down in the right lane (ie check your mirror before moving left...or right!)

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Open the door (bank, grocer, coffee shop et al) for ladies, the aged, or infirm. Say thank you when someone opens the door for you. Say hello/good morning, to everyone! Smile at people (even those that may appear a bit odd in your own opinion), it breaks down barriers. (my kids/wife taught me this one..and it's true. I was never comfortable with those suffering mongolism, wheelchairs, cerebral palsy.)

·
Super Moderator
10,745 Posts
I came across an ederly lady in a local chemists a few days ago and she was commenting to the person that was serving her , that it would take her an hour or so to get home , even though it's only a few miles , as she'd have to wait for the bus ( we were at about 42 degrees celcius ) .

She was quite astonished when I said that if she waited until I was finished , that I'd run her home ( even though I was going the other way ) , people just aren't used to it nowadays unfortunately , fortunately my mother always taught me along the lines of , " do as you would be done to " !

I helped her out , but it was a selfish act really , it made me feel great all day !! :wink:

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I came across an ederly lady in a local chemists a few days ago and she was commenting to the person that was serving her , that it would take her an hour or so to get home , even though it's only a few miles , as she'd have to wait for the bus ( we were at about 42 degrees celcius ) .

She was quite astonished when I said that if she waited until I was finished , that I'd run her home ( even though I was going the other way ) , people just aren't used to it nowadays unfortunately , fortunately my mother always taught me along the lines of , " do as you would be done to " !

I helped her out , but it was a selfish act really , it made me feel great all day !! :wink:

I love that! For two years now I have tried to remember to do a random act of kindness just once a day. It's not always possible and some days I just feel too crap .... but in the end it eventually makes you look for the good in things instead of bangin' on about how this or that is a rubbish etc.
HOWEVER don't you dare hog that middle lane doin 40mph! Grrrr.....

·
Premium Member
14,684 Posts
I had to drive 2 x this Holiday Week to Las Vegas in my Semi talking about stupid Drivers on the Road...... passing in a no passing Zone passing into on coming Traffic like no worries the other Guy will move. High Speed in a Construction Zone too close to other Cars/Trucks and the List goes on and on. My favorite is the Cars sitting on the Side of the Road because so many People do not take a Minute to check under the Hood till the Tow Truck shows up. I hate driving on Holidays.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
:grin::grin::grin::grin:

I have loved every single post in this thread... what a lovely way to end a difficult day..

thanks everyone... and keep up the good work... what goes around really does come around !

0:)0:)0:)

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you're walking down a corridor or sidewalk or aisle in the grocery store - move to the right please... especially if you have an entorage, walk in pairs, not six abreast...

(...and take a course in marching, 39" pace if you please, straight line, not meandering... and certainly not texting!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts