Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far off topic, it's in outer space :wink:

Anyways, getting a sunroom put in and the contractor is using laminate flooring (which I'm ok with. The laminate is not my issue. It's the make.

I'm pretty good at using Mr Google to find stuff but this has me baffled. I can't find hide nor hair of a brand called Infiniti Dropclic laminate. There is no info on the box as to a manufacturer, place of origin, nothing. The label in the pic is blank on the reverse side (normally that has installation instructions, guarantee period, etc but nada in this case).

I'm wondering if it is "contractor" grade stuff not sold to the general public.

Anyone help me with this? Specifically looking for reviews, that sort of thing before it gets installed on Monday.

Thanks in advance for any help here.

·
Premium Member
5,030 Posts
The only thing I could seem to determine is that may be made in Brazil, based on language. You might want to look up 12mm laminate flooring, the only description I see on the box. Perhaps that will give you some incite. Any warranty on the boxes or contractually with the installer? That also might be a key! 😝

·
Super Moderator
11,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, that's just the name of an installer/retailer in Surrey.

Box is blank except for the stuff you see in the pic. The end of the box only has the colour name, zero info otherwise. There might be some paperwork in the bottom of the box but I won't see that till it's actually opened.

My contractor has his own warranty on his work (naturally). If no wisdom is forthcoming here, I'll definitely be asking him on Monday.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
They could be reselling laminate under their own brand name. Maybe left over stock purchased by your contractor? Could explain why there is nothing on the box.
Just saying.

·
Registered
118 Posts
flooring

Call some of the major flooring distributors and ask them where it is coming from.
No label means no one is accountable for the junk they put in it.
Its your home say no to the flooring if you don't feel comfortable.
Ask the contractor for names of other people he laid the flooring for in their homes and talk to them if you feel you must use the stuff.
Then take your SLK for a spin before it snows. lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased the exact same labelled 12 mm infiniti dropclic yesterday at World Class Carpets in London Ontario. Doing about 800 sf in house. When I got it home I opened a pack to better read the label, and like you I was pretty disturbed that there was no manufacturer details. When I bought it I asked the salesman where it came from he said China. He said they buy a lot from a particular plant and have never had any quality issues. Well I guess the warranty is with the seller since you can't tell who the maker is. He seemed quite confident in it. It looks to be made just like the home depot homestyles selection in the same price range, also from China. I bought this because I thought the locking grooves looked a little sturdier.

·
Super Moderator
11,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not the same Myk. What comes up is a retailer in BC I think. Just a trade name. They are retailers, not the mfg.

Roddo: told the reno guy take it back (china=formeldehyde). Used in manuf as it's a lot cheaper. As there don't seem to be many if any safeguards there, off-gassing is a real concern.

Got him to sub a diff brand from Germany IIRC. Anyways, all in and we're happy.

Thanks for posting guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts