Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K
1,124 Posts
Other than the obvious (Light foot, braking, well maintained etc) any neat tips for a lead foot?
Being a relaxed, proactive driver rather than reactive... will give best results all round.

As for the lead foot.. well, amputation is one answer, but perhaps a bit drastic. The SLK is such a clever machine.. I am sure the accelerator pedal can be programmed to bite-back if you persist in abusing it... >:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our 2002 230K does on average 32 MPG. That is worked out as going from full to around 1/4 tank then refueling to the brim. The best we have had is 38 but that was all motorway driving at around 60 MPH. My 2.0 petrol Focus which we use with the grandkids on board only does 38 average so we use MPG as an excuse to use the Merc.

Rodders

·
Registered
39 Posts
16/18 round town ,,,,,,
Best I've had is 32 on motorway
But I'm not to bothered cause if I was I wouldn't have got me a 3.2 v6 auto

·
Premium member 2001 SLK320
800 Posts
my normal working hack of 18 miles

sees about 27mpg (mixed trafficky A roads, city roads, and motorway). My S320 gave me 24mpg on the same runs.

I had a week with a few runs to Ringway (showing my age) on the M62 and M60. 32mpg. Shut the front door. and I was being as spirited as I could be. I can't wait to go to Glasgow and see what she will really produce.>:D

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
the wife doesn't get NEAR those numbers in her SLK 32 AMG. And she drives like an old lady...

·
Registered
21 Posts
the wife doesn't get NEAR those numbers in her SLK 32 AMG. And she drives like an old lady...
I think the clue is AMG I saw an AMG about4pm today near Cardiff being driven slowly by a lady unfortunately the wife had the 230k so I was in the focus.

Rodders

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
SLK 32 .....me: 17mp (US) gal,
wife on trip,24 mpg........
remember,US gal is about 20% smaller than imperial gal (UK,OZ,etc) and dont go on about litres,I dont want to know......

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
SLK 32 .....me: 17mp (US) gal,
wife on trip,24 mpg........
remember,US gal is about 20% smaller than imperial gal (UK,OZ,etc) and dont go on about litres,I dont want to know......

YAH, the litre is about 20% more. And a litre of premium cost OVER $6 any where near Europe or the UK.

The octane is higher in UK (93 US vs 98 in UK) but is does have to do with HOW the US figures it's number. It averages RON and MON.

So, it costs twice as much in UK, but you get a little more and your Octane rating is a bit higher.

·
800 Posts
don't tell me your litres are different

other than the way you spell them ( Liter?). I thought a litre was
a) a US Quart
b) 1000cc or 1000ml
c) one of the things that didn't change, or else the world fell to bits...>:D

our Imperial gallon is about 4.546 litres. Yours must be 4 litres. Our Gallon is 8 pints, and our pint is 20 fluid ounces. our quart is two of our pints. our pint is 1.2 of your pints.

My head hurts now. I can't fathom it out any more...:surprise:

·
Registered
194 Posts
sals and guys)

other than the way you spell them ( Liter?). I thought a litre was
a) a US Quart
b) 1000cc or 1000ml
c) one of the things that didn't change, or else the world fell to bits...>:D

our Imperial gallon is about 4.546 litres. Yours must be 4 litres. Our Gallon is 8 pints, and our pint is 20 fluid ounces. our quart is two of our pints. our pint is 1.2 of your pints.

My head hurts now. I can't fathom it out any more...:surprise:
I believe my Florida gallon is 3.8 litres,but at 95 degrees,probably loses a bit .....

·
Registered
373 Posts
I started using an app to track my mpgs in May of 2013. since then i have a total lifetime average of 22.75mpg. i am quite mod heavy and i drive quite spiritedly as well most of the time. on road trip where im just cruising on the highway, i can average 26/28 per tank

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looking at others I wonder why I get more I do drive quite sedately the most of the time but can be goaded by the boy racers to show them what it can do. Rechecked the numbers and they are right. The 230k must be a lot more frugle thames the 320. Doesn't matter to me what's under the bonnet the car is the best thing known for putting a silly grin on my face. I do want to have a go on the autobahns sometime next year.

Rodders

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
351 Posts
1999 SLK 230 - 55K miles.

Mixed 80/20 In-town/Highway mileage averages around 22mpg - on E10.
Interstate Freeway running 80/85 mph - 26 mpg

2015 Chevy Sliverado 1500 Double Cab. 5.3L V8/400HP, about 5100 lbs
In Town - 14mpg on E10 regular 89 octane
Interstate Freeway running 70/75 mph - 20.5 mpg
Mileage seems to be improving as the engine is getting broken in.
Should be about 10% to 15% better mileage on gasoline with no Ethanol - we'll see.

I mention the truck - as I am thinking of putting the same engine in the SLK. :)

FWIW,
Carl B.

·
800 Posts
I've just filled up with Millenium

at my local Tesco's ( my favourite petrol these days).
228.70 UK miles ( just in case US miles are bigger>:D) and 39.70 litres to the second pump cut-off click ( my favourite pump cut-off click)

5.760 miles per litre. or 26.28 mpg, or 9.33 km per litre( for our Euro chums) or 10.71 litre per 100km.

for UK commuting, I can live with that all day long.:smile:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.