Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to take the pulley upgrade/tune plunge. From what I've read, Eurocharged is the way to go.

181mm vs 185mm
397 bhp 407 bhp
388 lb-ft 401 lb-ft
17.5 psi 22 psi

Looks like to me it's worth the $300 premium to get the 185mm.

Any thoughts or experiences or options?

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,212 Posts
never got into pulley changes. You can try the Camaro or Corvette forums. They talk about modding superchargers over there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've decided to take the pulley upgrade/tune plunge. From what I've read, Eurocharged is the way to go.

181mm vs 185mm
397 bhp 407 bhp
388 lb-ft 401 lb-ft
17.5 psi 22 psi

Looks like to me it's worth the $300 premium to get the 185mm.

Any thoughts or experiences or options?
I use an ASP 178mm on my 32
The 181 or 185 have a couple concerns. A/F ratios can get whacky quick so you would want a wideband gauge unless you dont mind an engine rebuild. Also may need a fuel pump upgrade, possibly injectors as well. Colder plugs may be needed.

Regardless of which pulley, will need a pulley saver kit from Needswings and some kind of cold air intake setup. Needswings makes a nice one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use an ASP 178mm on my 32
The 181 or 185 have a couple concerns. A/F ratios can get whacky quick so you would want a wideband gauge unless you dont mind an engine rebuild. Also may need a fuel pump upgrade, possibly injectors as well. Colder plugs may be needed.

Regardless of which pulley, will need a pulley saver kit from Needswings and some kind of cold air intake setup. Needswings makes a nice one.
Thanks for the input. I was definitely going with the Pulley Saver kit. However, I had not considered the other aspects regarding the 181 and 185 set ups. I really do want a "bolt-on" upgrade. Guess I'll be doing a little more research.

·
Registered
20 Posts
may want to lurk crossfireforum.org as a much more active mod community
the srt6 is the same drivetrain as our 32's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.