Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you say it yes I searched the forum, but the lights available seem to change quickly. I want dark not chrome and HID good quality and good light.

Suggestions ???

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the same model and year. Do you have factory xenon headlights? Spyders are popular (chrome is most common, but black can be found). My car had the factory xenon. Guy swapped out the headlights for spyders and installed halogens. I swapped out the halogens for HID but my drivers side would not ignite the ballast (determined not enough wattage for some reason). Could be a grounding issue. Need time to trace the wires. I did use a relay (one trigger) from the passenger side to lights up the driver side ballast/HID bulb. I have a indicator light that says it is out. Still figuring out how to fool the CANBUS. May install a foglight in the engine compartment to fool the computer. I am still working on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the H1 lights in my car all stock. I see a lot of lights available but no clear differences. I want HID so I would like a good quality setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.