Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi selling my 98 slk 230 Monday.

My gf has locked the only key in the boot.

Great.

RACQ got the door open.

Central locking switch on dash does not work hasnt for a while.

RACQ gave up.

No Locksmith in my town, please for the love of god offer me some solutions

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Tell your girl friend she owes you big time and then enjoy the pay back. Hey, if it's not dinner and a movie, it's something else anyway. No matter how you look at it, it always costs something. :biglaugh:

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Remove the rear number plate, carefully drill a hole above the latch mechanism, and activate the latch that way. I remember someone doing that a few years ago.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey wooly, sounds just a bit too dodgy for me.

Not having any luck here theres a tiny gap behind like the roofs folding flaps and i tried fishing down there with a magnetic pick up tool taped to garden hose, no luck :'( theres got to be another way T_T

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I skimmed over something ealier about disconnecting the battery?? anyone

The cars locked with the FOB but both doors are currently unlocked

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
I also remember on MBWorld over 10 years ago, someone had a similar problem, and they found the wires in the engine bay that caused the roof to open, powered them up , opened the boot lid, and retrieved their keys that way. There was a long involved thread on it, with plenty of pics & diagrams.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mercedes Road side assist says they can try its $226 for a call out and not guaranteed T_T

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At work at the moment. Benz roadside assist guy is coming this morning. Hopefully he can get the boot open

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The roof hack seems a bit out of my league dont understand some parts of it like hitting the pin in and grounding 54 but might be able to work it out when looking. If roadsite assist cant open it then thats my last option ill have to put it on a truck 200kms to the dealer and get them to fix it.. And call this buyer T_T pray for me guys

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Roadside assist couldnt get the boot open.
Im at work which makes things that bit greater.
Told them about the boot opening trick sounds interested sent him the email and hes reading.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.