Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
50 Shades of Gr... erm, Anthracite?

Editing with title that might get some attention>:D, and updates. I was asking what to use to adjust the color of VLC from volico. They did send me another bottle and said they see variations on anthracite in cars. The second bottle was the same as the first-decidedly too light. Anyone know for sure what sort of black paint I could add to the "nitro based" volico to try to match my darker interior?

Meanwhile, I was trying to take the patchy glove box down to black, but the fresh vlc spots would not scrub off. Fast sponging with Goof Off, even with an immediate rinse, took the grey paint off, but gave the plastic an aged icy white effect. :frown:>>

So, this little touch up is clearly turning into a big project and I think it might be time to deal with spraying and go for the colorbond. I do see two posters in past threads who seemed to be saying that colorbond's anthracite was a match for their seats. This one says it was an exact match "wherever the black looked a little worn out." My glove box and center console parts are basically that same darker color as the seats and dash top, so this is hopeful.

That post was a few years back, though, and the cheap prime listing is currently out of this color, so I'd have to meet the much higher minimum for a direct order and pay shipping. I'll be really bummed if this turns out to be the same lighter grey as the vlc volico paint and I still only have the memory of the gummi bears (and a few other memories erased by fumes) after too much time and money.

Can anyone else confirm that colorbond 349 is dark like the blackish seats?

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
50 Shades of gr..erm... Anthracite?

Bumpin' before I shell out the big bucks for colorbond anthracite in hopes someone knows for sure it is nearly-black like the seats and top of dash instead of shades-lighter-grey like my two bottles of vlc from volico ...?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.