Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about tackling this soon as the weather is looking up. My windshield wiper's have not sprayed fluid since I purchased the car. Thought it was a couple broken connectors and/or washer pump (replaced), but it appears there is no pressure in the lines. Can someone please provide a diagram of how the hoses are routed from the tank up to the nozzles? I am not interested in fixing the front headlight sprayers, so I am considering cutting them out of the picture. Would like to use silicone tubing from Home Depot to do the repair, if possible. Pics, diagrams, any advise appreciated!

·
Founding Member 2006
108,849 Posts
Try this

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm going to be doing the same thing here in the next month or two. my driver side spray nozzle is very weak, causing my to think i have a build of debris in the line. i will be replacing the lines (if possible) and the spray nozzles, in addition to cleaning out the reservoir and confirming the correct pressure of the pump

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to be doing the same thing here in the next month or two. my driver side spray nozzle is very weak, causing my to think i have a build of debris in the line. i will be replacing the lines (if possible) and the spray nozzles, in addition to cleaning out the reservoir and confirming the correct pressure of the pump
Let me know how you do once you get in there. I know the line that leads to the nozzles also has wiring through it that I am contemplating.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Let me know how you do once you get in there. I know the line that leads to the nozzles also has wiring through it that I am contemplating.
yes they do have a wire through them. i have already taken at look at the lines when i removed the driver side spray nozzle to clear it out with compressed air. the wire in the lines is a heater line to defrost the fluid or to keep it from freezing. depending on the price from either a dealership or parts vendor (i work in a shop so we have access to multiple parts vendors & i get special pricing) I mat or may not replace the lines while I'm going through the whole system. i will also be looking to remove and block the lines for the headlight sprayers in addition to unplugging that motor/pump while I'm down by the reservoir

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,164 Posts
I've had pretty good luck un-clogging washer nozzles with a piece of steel wire. It has to be super-small, and if you're successful you should try to flush it out afterwards with a lot of washer fluid.

·
Registered 2009 SLK300
54 Posts
i've cleaned mine several times, sometimes with compressed air, sometimes with a torch tip cleaner. After cleaning, they work once or twice and immediately clog up again. I looked at the reservoir, and the fluid was clean. I suspect the rubber lines have deteriorated and small particles are coming loose and doing the clogging. Going to try replacing the lines next.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The "T", part #270 in the drawing above on my 320 seems to be cracked/broken and I need to replace it. Are there any special clamps that are used to hold the hoses onto the various pieces of hardware? Are there any special tools needed to get into that area under the hood? Is it worth buying the windshield wiper special "puller". Can one, person, get your hand into that area without taking the whole thing apart?...........thanks guys.....God bless.......Dennis

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The "T", part #270 in the drawing above on my 320 seems to be cracked/broken and I need to replace it. Are there any special clamps that are used to hold the hoses onto the various pieces of hardware? Are there any special tools needed to get into that area under the hood? Is it worth buying the windshield wiper special "puller". Can one, person, get your hand into that area without taking the whole thing apart?...........thanks guys.....God bless.......Dennis
Not that I am aware of. The I ordered a replacement T from mercedespartscenter.com, normal hose clamps work. There was no special tools to get into the area in front of the wiper nozzles or to take the wipers off.

Curious about the wire running with the fluid hose - it's for heating the lines? No wonder my lines are always frozen, even with -20deg below fluid in the res. Wonder what implications there will be if I run new hose without the heating wire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.