Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 2010 SLK200 Kompressor
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Orginally posted about a week ago but due to age I needed to re-register (oldtimers disease made me forget my password!!), so I have copied and pasted the original intro below (slightly edited for tense):



Picked up my new (2010) SLK200 on Sunday. First MB, first RWD , first coupe, first drop-top - lots of firsts. Wife already calls it my mid-life crisis car.
Once I decided I really couldn't justify getting a Jag XF or XE (95% of the time its just me in the car, the other 5% its me and the Mrs.) it was then a choice of which 2 seater. Looked at the Audi TT and the Mazda MX5 but once I test drove the SLK I was hooked.
Wont be great in the British winter but hopefully will make up for that in the summer!
 

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
Joined
·
96,647 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Great R171 info:

Bill's Den: Documents

Lube those seals:
https://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/20937-spring-here~gummi-pflege-lube-your-seals-lithium-grease-your-joints-hinges.html#post226839

your brochure:
https://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/167265-mercedes-brochure-archive.html#post1511249

mods you should do:
smarttop

https://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

clear side markers
shorty antenna
led license plate bulbs
led parking lights
carbon fiber on the C pillars https://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/50849-ive-taken-cf-plunge.html
oem windscreen or lighted/etched windscreen

My mods - See my signature block links below - also check my albums in my profile and my videos in the 'Driving Stories' section

FREE GIFT! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). If looking for a car, get the options before you buy!

https://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html


Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Founding Member/Super Moderator
 

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
Joined
·
13,339 Posts
Welcome from Canada :smile:
 

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
Joined
·
11,845 Posts
Welcome again from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top