Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a letter today asking me to arrange to take my car to the dealer to "allow them to rework the wiring harness on your car as a precautionary measure". It relates to a potential problem with the electric parking brake not activating properly in the event of a main battery malfunction?
Anyone else in the same re-call?
Car is booked for its first service next month,should I wait or take it in before this?:frown:

· Founding Member 2006
115,545 Posts
Take it in of course

· **Registered 2009 SLK200K - From Kent, UK
6,362 Posts
Received a letter today asking me to arrange to take my car to the dealer to "allow them to rework the wiring harness on your car as a precautionary measure". It relates to a potential problem with the electric parking brake not activating properly in the event of a main battery malfunction?
Anyone else in the same re-call?
Car is booked for its first service next month,should I wait or take it in before this?:frown:
Though brakes are extremly important !!
if you have an auto gearbox leaving the car in parked gear should be enough to maybe get you to the service date etc
If the handbrake fails !!??

Unless you live up a hill or always park up on an incline .

Some people dont even use the handbrake as the auto gearbox is enough to lock the gearbox to stop the car from being moved as such .

But it all depends on what is at fault with the electric handbrake .
Give them a call and see first how serious it is as such .

But they may not even be able to fit you in soon .......

· *Registered
2015 SLK250d
118 Posts
I received the letter on Saturday, called MB Service and was booked in the following Tuesday. Takes about 90 minutes for them to swap out the bad part and fit the new part. However in my case they removed the bad part and then discovered they didn't have the new part in stock - they had to get it delivered, presumably from their main parts warehouse in Milton Keynes. They still completed the work same day, and they did deliver the car back to my home address. Might be worth asking them to check for availability of the new part when you book it in.

Regards,
Malcolm

· **Registered 2009 SLK200K - From Kent, UK
6,362 Posts
I received the letter on Saturday, called MB Service and was booked in the following Tuesday. Takes about 90 minutes for them to swap out the bad part and fit the new part. However in my case they removed the bad part and then discovered they didn't have the new part in stock - they had to get it delivered, presumably from their main parts warehouse in Milton Keynes. They still completed the work same day, and they did deliver the car back to my home address. Might be worth asking them to check for availability of the new part when you book it in.

Regards,
Malcolm

So lets book your car in to do the job and then find out the replacement part is not available .

Smart dealership . :wink:

· *Registered
2015 SLK250d
118 Posts
>> So lets book your car in to do the job and then find out the replacement part is not available .

Yeah, not the smartest. That said, they were very apologetic and did manage to get the part express delivered so they could get the car back to me same day. So I didn't give them too much of a hard time.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Phoned the dealers this morning and they are happy that the work to be done under the re-call notice can take place at the time of the cars first service next month.more of an upgrade than an urgent fault repair according to the manager especially in view of the cars mileage (6000).
If the car is older and/or higher mileage might be better to get job done sooner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.