Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On an auction site, I saw this Lilac, (or maybe nearly mauve?) SLK320...... (just don't call it pink ! OK, it IS pink.)

It is being listed for auction in Dorset UK at DVCA auctions on March 2nd.
Vintage & Classic Car Auctions

I've never seen this colour before, so is it maybe a Designo special? Wheels suit it. Interior looks standard.

Although not for me, I think the Lilac one looks pretty classy for a 15 year old car. It has presence.
Not for shrinking Lilacs...... (I mean violets)

The auction house was also selling a Green SLK320, 22k miles, which is presumably pretty rare too, as there were few green ones, and even less after the facelift.

One has to wonder if they came from the same seller, given they are same model, year and both low mileage at the same auction and both rare colours. Sort of a matched-mismatched pair ?

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,110 Posts

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,166 Posts
It's a Mary Kay car (as in cosmetics not our MK) :surprise:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,110 Posts

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK32 AMG
5,335 Posts
Actually saw a green one for sale sitting in a front yard close to the house. I was going to stop and take a look, out of curiosity. It was sold in two days before I could drop by.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,166 Posts
Found a site that lists MB colours (as well as all other makes) from "forever" (well, 1940 onwards). Lilac is "satinlila". Google doesn't translate "immediately". Unfortunately, they don't post pics, only the name and year(s) it was available, code and whether it's solid or metallic.

Mercedes-Benz Colour Codes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.