Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for a drive today and dropped the top. Was a lovely day. Then the random beeping started within the cabin. Sometimes it was a very short beep, sometimes a very long beep. Almost like a sensor was possible bad.

- Turned the A/C off / on
- Turned the radio off and removed aftermarket face plate
- Put the top up / down, made no difference
- Unplugged all gadgets
- Restarted the car

The sound only came about when the car was in motion. Never when it was stopped (in drive or park) It appears to be coming from the passenger seat area either in the dash or the speaker.

Anybody else had this issue before? I did a search for beeping and didn't see much. I saw a post on Benzworld that may be related:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1410439-beeping-please-help.html

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,308 Posts
I recall recent posts on the alarm battery going bad. did you search 'alarm'?

·
97,308 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked and my key fob alarm button does not work at all. May be dead. However, the symptoms don't match. I only get the noise when driving the vehicle. Doesn't matter speed or the grade of road. Once I stop it goes away.

·
97,308 Posts
well, r170 experts will chime in shortly and point to alarm battery,pse pump, k40 relay, etc

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Spouse drove up to the gas station with nothing in the passenger seat and the beep was still present. I have an appointment on Tuesday to get some work done to the 32. I'll have them poke at it then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.