Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Happy days watching the GB Lombard RAC rallies. Getting up at stupid o'clock to park in a field and dash between stages along with the competitors. I had a Mazda 323 4x4 Turbo when they almost (but didnt quite) won. I look back now and it only had a 1.6 engine. That took me onto a Celica GT Four, Legacy Turbo and Imprezas when I was still pretending to be a rally driver !!! Great fun in the snow.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Absolutely awesome. Proper cars, proper drivers, very limited electronics. I remember Will Gollop's 6R4 Metro (I sooooo wanted one, still do) was geared for 110mph, 0-60 2.4 seconds, 0-110 in 5.4 seconds. Just mental. Bloody expensive now though, still a dream!

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
Group B..... the best days of rallying bar none.
Ok, rally cars today might be faster and handle better but the group b cars were monsters.
I have never had the same thrill watching any of the newer cars as I did with group b cars.
It was because of those that I bought an opal manta and started road rallying (I was too poor to afford special stage) and then when it got too expensive to compete I bought an Impreza WRX so I could still feel like a rally driver every day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts