Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. I don't know to much about cars so I wanted to get some feedback. I purchased a 1999 R170. The car was lowered by the previous owner and he ripped off the amg front bumper. I purchased a new one and now I contemplating on either to raise my car back up with some stock springs (Which I would have to look for) or get after market stocks. I like the lowered looked but I read it's bad for the car. Any suggestion??? I wanted to know how much and which stocks I should get if I decide to go that route. Thanks for reading

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
How about a few fotos to see how low it's set. SLKs are relatively low to start with and are famous for cracking the front dam on curbs. As to it being "bad" (I think that's what you meant) for the car, a lot of "lowering" does not correct the suspension geometry - ie you may experience handling and/or tire wear issues. Nothing wrong with how the car looked stock!

Where was the oil leak btw?

·
Registered
116 Posts
little of orginial post

I know what you mean on the cracked AMG air dam...same here. question though, I assume you got a Duraflex bumper or the equivilant(not a OEM or junkyard replacement) did you have any trouble just "bolting it on?" the duraflex site talks about the need to use fiberglass and filler...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I meant to say bad. I'm not sure where the oil is leaking. My brother is a mechanic so I left the car at his place so he could check it out. I will post some pixs up when I get the car back. I'm driving my IS300 right now. It's not a bad car but I miss my SLK. Last time I measure the front bumper it was less then 3 inches off the ground.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Do the tires rub when you turn the wheels? When you post a picture make sure we can see the wheel well/tire to see how much gap there is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.