Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
Im sure this is a old question but i need help with my R170
ever since i have had it when it rains a little but of water comes through the seal where they join above the drivers window.
this week we had loads of rain and im not sure if its realted but the roof is closed fully and when driving water kept pouring out from the interior ligth fitting.
its getting in somewhere
is this common and if so what is the fix for this.

Cheers All

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK200
307 Posts
With the engine running, operate the roof mechanism and stop it halfway. Carefully examine all seals, they should be intact. Also check the seals of the rear window.

Also check if the roof is misaligned. On the R171's roof, there are small marks on both sides where the roof meets the windshield frame when closed. If the roof is aligned, there should be only one primary mark on each side. Hope I am clear enough.

With the roof closed, check whether the side windows fit into the upper seals.

If everything looks intact, there is no need to worry for the leaks, the raindrops won't damage anything.

It is a complicated mechanism and some drops inside are possible. The atmospheric conditions also affect the seals' elasticity (heat, cold, humidity, dryness).

If you are using jet wash for your car, you will see that sometimes a few drops enter the cabin, sometimes don't, depending on the weather conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.