Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me if all R172's are fitted with rain sensing wipers because the first 2 positions on my wiper switch just seem to work like normal intermittent wipers and the amount of rain makes no difference to the speed.
In my old Z4 there was one position and the speed would vary from almost not wiping to constant wipe
Thanks
Andy

·
Founding Member 2006
108,938 Posts
Could someone please tell me if all R172's are fitted with rain sensing wipers because the first 2 positions on my wiper switch just seem to work like normal intermittent wipers and the amount of rain makes no difference to the speed.
In my old Z4 there was one position and the speed would vary from almost not wiping to constant wipe
Thanks
Andy
Andy, get your free datacard and see if you got em! :D

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
Thanks
Andy
No, auto headlamps are standard but auto wipers are an optional extra.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies

I now have my data card and can see that this is another thing that the car hasn't got that I would have expected to find standard on a car like this

Even the wifes focus has rain sensing wipers :surprise: ( and you can turn her auto lights off )

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250d
234 Posts
Amazing, no rain sensing wipers and no variable intermittent wipers. never even thought to check when i ordered it, every car I have had for the last 15 years has had them as standard. Cant believe how badly specced it is as standard.

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
Amazing, never even thought to check when i ordered it
Fixed that for you....

Can't believe how badly specced it is as standard.
But unless you've not had a BMW/Audi/Mercedes you must have realised that anything 'luxurious' is an expensive option? You get very clever safety systems as standard (like the roof and the brakes that wipe themselves dry in the rain every 15 seconds) but iPod connectivity? That'll be £500 sir/madam.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Fixed that for you....

But unless you've not had a BMW/Audi/Mercedes you must have realised that anything 'luxurious' is an expensive option? You get very clever safety systems as standard (like the roof and the brakes that wipe themselves dry in the rain every 15 seconds) but iPod connectivity? That'll be £500 sir/madam.
LOL Hilariously worded, but true!

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250d
234 Posts
so true

You are right, not had BMW or Audi as I have been on Volvo's for 10 years but changed as they no longer make convertibles or coupe's. They have had dual zone climate standard since 2004, iPod since 2007 and if they fit a glass roof do not charge extra if you want to look through it :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.