Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This SLK is new to me and I am finding faults occurring as time progresses.
This morning after I thought I`d dried the car off before I put it away I went to the garage,opened the boot/trunk and about 1/2 pint of water came from the boot lid and poured into the boot itself.
Can anyone help please.
Also............how do I know what is a 170 or a 171

***********SEASONS GREETING TO ONE AND ALL**************

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Check all the drains in the boot area are clear - quite a few posts on here about how to clean them out.

Your car is a R170, the R171 came out in 2004 and has a 'Formula 1' inspired nose, the R172 came out in 2011 and has a nose inspired by Barbara Streisand :eek:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,206 Posts
Happy New Year and moving this to r170 general discussion

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,206 Posts
Check all the drains in the boot area are clear - quite a few posts on here about how to clean them out.

Your car is a R170, the R171 came out in 2004 and has a 'Formula 1' inspired nose, the R172 came out in 2011 and has a nose inspired by Barbara Streisand :eek:
Gee Woolly, I'm glad you did not say it was inspired by my nose!

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you have water in the boot it will evapourate and then condensate on your boot inside face.you could set up a harmful damp enviroment in there.
Check your drains, rubber seaks and lubricate.
Check seals with roof half way down in order to check closed seals with roof upright.
Guy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thank you Guy............I`ll do that and apply vasaline to all the rubber seals I can find.
Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.