Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London - loads of good single DIN units out there - what features are you looking for and how much do you want to spend?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,482 Posts
Kevin,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Look for something that is good in direct sunlight. I have a Jensen and can't read the LCD with the top down.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Look for something that is good in direct sunlight. I have a Jensen and can't read the LCD with the top down.
Paul, What Jensen do you have? On my BMW (bike), the Jensen JMS 2212 is the 'replacement of choice', with no viewing issues in bright sunlight. They are also used fairly extensively for marine applications. Have you tried altering the contrast (which effectively alters the viewing angle)?

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,529 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Paul, What Jensen do you have? On my BMW (bike), the Jensen JMS 2212 is the 'replacement of choice', with no viewing issues in bright sunlight. They are also used fairly extensively for marine applications. Have you tried altering the contrast (which effectively alters the viewing angle)?
Yeah, played with the contrast, it just washes out in the sunlight. :mad:
I can read the front display with the LCD closed ok, just not the 7" screen.

Jensen VM9313
Linky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts