Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
*Registered
2009 SLK280 SLK Auto Silver
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a strange one here. Was going to change the battery on the car so did a bit of research on what was required. Windows, clock etc no problem but I didn't have the radio code for my Audio20.
So after reading a few threads on here knew that I could get it from MB or one of the commercial sites. Phoned up MB and as I got a spare key from them last month the Parts guy had no problem looking it up for me. Then told me there was nothing listed against my car so I shouldn't need one !!:surprise:
So had the battery changed today and he was right. Audio started straight up no code needed. Anyone else had this as couldn't find anything about it online?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts

·
*Registered
2009 SLK280 SLK Auto Silver
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
R171s do not need a radio code. Of course you searched our great forum to know that! :D

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=site:slkworld.com r171 radio code
:wink: Must remember to use google searches in future.
On the searches I did here I was sure a couple of folk with 171's said they were needing codes. Notice in the manual though it only mentions the windows and clock so should have known.
So finally be able to put the trickle charger away for a while. The battery that was in although a Bosch was not the 77ah one but a smaller s4. So hopefully my new Bosch S5 096 with 77ah and 780 cca plus 5 year guarantee will do the job.:smile:

·
Founding Member 2006
108,893 Posts
don't put charger away. Charge it weekly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.