Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock MB radio.

I can balance Left to Right but noticed I do not seem to have the ability to balance Forward to Rear with the speakers?

Am I missing something?

SLKman

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
On the R171 with the Audio 20, there's no FADER control, so one cannot channel more sound to the front or rear.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
SLKman said:
I have the stock MB radio.

I can balance Left to Right but noticed I do not seem to have the ability to balance Forward to Rear with the speakers?

Am I missing something?

SLKman
... yes - a decent sound system (?!?!) - evidently, the only time you get noise out of the rear speakers in when you have COMAND & a dolby V dvd in, and even then, you don't have a fader control, so you can't bring up the rear sound - common to all R171's, despite what sound system you have.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Strange R171 owners answering on here :confused:

My Ozzie slk R170 has a Clarion fitted standard. It does have F/R fader but had no rear speakers. I fitted a pair in panel behind seats and wired thru to plug at rear of radio. Great.

USA standard radio does not have fader.

Bazzle

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
bazzle said:
whoops, sorry Bazzle, when I browse this site, I just hit 'new posts' - don't actually look to see where they've come from - sorry :hail::hail:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Bose system in my slk230 and was told that the rear speakers are for tht Bass try turning up the bass
WoodyOZ

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all.

The base does come thru but I hate the deep deep base sound that overrides the music.

My son has one of those Super Systems that shakes the neighborhood when he drives thru and I hate it.
I have given him strict rules as to NO Radio Thumping in the neighborhood or the car will be parked! :soap:

Dang, Guess I am getting Old!!! :mad: LOL

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
bazzle said:

Bazzle

Why don't you like us in here? what ever could it be? :fart:

It does seem the case though, even on the later models with all the speakers the rears seem vacant. Maybe there could be a mod to add a little boost?

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are all welcome here as far as I am concerned!!!! :tu:

Just because you don't have a R170 doesn't mean you can't help us R170 owners with your advise! :biglaugh:

Thanks in advance for any help! :hail:

Just my 2 cents worth.

SLKman

·
Registered
208 Posts
SLKman said:
You are all welcome here as far as I am concerned!!!! :tu:

Just because you don't have a R170 doesn't mean you can't help us R170 owners with your advise! :biglaugh:

Thanks in advance for any help! :hail:

Just my 2 cents worth.

SLKman
Ozzie humour Cobber,, :butt:

Bazzle

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
The reason there is no fader control is because the rear speakers are subwoofers. That's why you get such strong base, their frequency response design demands it override the mid & high frequencies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.