Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had these for a few months and finally installed them now that the weather is warmer and track days are starting again.

Why aftermarket? Because Mercedes Benz does not sell the two-piece front friction discs separately from the rotor hat, and it's very costly to replace the OEM P30 Performance Package rotors. Racingbrake DOES sell the friction rings separately, so after the initial purchase, each set of rotors will be half the cost - and perform better.

They are also 2-3 pounds lighter per corner which helps with acceleration, handling, and braking.

This is the kit I purchased for my 2007 with P30 package.

RB Two-piece Rotor Pkg. - Mercedes CLK63 AMG (P/N 2266 & 2289)
I chose the XT910 pads for track duty and paired them with Motul RBF600 brake fluid going through new stainless steel brake lines.

Install went very easily. I drove to nearby empty farm roads and bed them in per Racingbrake's instructions.

There is immediately a better feel compared to OEM P30 package brakes. There is a much more immediate bite and a lot more feedback through the pedal. I am excited to get these on the track (this Sunday, March 13th!)

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So how did it go at the track?
They performed very well on track. Both on a dry track in the morning and very very wet and rainy track in the afternoon. They give more feedback through the pedal than the OEM brakes as well. I don't think they stop any better than the OEM P30 package brakes and Porterfield R4S pads like I was using previously (at least not noticeably, but it's been many months.) However, they're a lot cheaper to replace, lighter, and better looking.

The track pads do get super dusty on track though, my wheels were completely black covered with dust at the end of the day. But that is normal with track pads. If you won't be tracking the car, use Racingbrake's street pad or something similar.

With Racingbrake's XT910 street/track pads, I did not experience any brake fade or brake squeal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts