Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the pictures speak for their pathetic selves...

Notice the smaller 55 next to the larger R... fake!

Now if they would have slapped a 63 on there I might have been fooled because of the quad tailpipes. Hey, he gets credit for those.

And the "kompressor" is the coup de grâce.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Actually there was an R 63 AMG but I don’t believe it was ever for sale in the US. Also it said “R 63” not “R 55” and it had no front fender badge. In addition the exhaust was different than what is shown in the OP’s picture. Here is a pic of an R 63.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Actually there was an R 63 AMG but I don’t believe it was ever for sale in the US. Also it said “R 63” not “R 55” and it had no front fender badge. In addition the exhaust was different than what is shown in the OP’s picture. Here is a pic of an R 63.

Indeed, the 63 AMG models are for the European market.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, and that one has a nice AMG diffuser. This R55 wannabe gets a tiny bit of credit, but it's sloppy... :td:

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have an R500 and love it. That V8 variant was only produced for the US market in 2006/2007.

There was also a R63 sold in the US market. A total of 84 were sold if I'm not mistaken. The rarest of all AMG's here in the States. I think it was only offered here in 2007. Apparently there was not a huge market for 4.5 second 0-60 AWD minivans.

There was also an R550 sold briefly in Europe and Canada. Not sure about the rest of the world. Wish we got this version.

I think all the V8's had been discontinued by 2008 in favor of V6 gas and diesel engines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts