Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone who has installed a Windrestrictor on an R172 share the installation instructions with me? I have the air guide and was told by Windrestrictor that it installs into the same holes as the OEM mesh unit, but I don't have an OEM unit and there are no holes for the bracket to use. But a search hasn't shown me anything about how it does install.

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
It doesn't go through holes as such, it goes through the slots in the speaker cover into a plate that you fix down under the speaker cover.

Pop the speaker cover off and you'll see two torx bolts. Remove those bolts, line up the mounting plate and do the torx bolts back up again. Put the speaker cover back and you'll find that you can now screw the windrestrictor down into the plate through the slots in the speaker cover.

If you have the Harmon Kardon speakers or reversing sensors then just be careful of the wires under the speaker cover but it's literally 5 minutes to fit a windrestrictor.

·
*Registered
2019 SLC300
48 Posts
Hello, I just bought Windrestrictor for my R172 and have issue with glare when look at the rear mirror and it was confusing since the glare was from the front car specially at night. Any suggestion to reduce or block the glare. I called Windrestrictor and no suggestion to reduce glare but only said adjust the mirror or seat but that did not help. I was thinking to tint it and hope reducing the glare but not sure, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I also have Airguide but the installation for WR is not using the Airguide but the bracket inside middle the speaker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.