Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know, or have a good source, or fancy having a quick check if their wheels are currently off the car?

I'm gonna try and fit 8mm spacers on the front and 12mm on the rear.

I want to get all the parts first because the guy who fitted my springs has torqued on my bolts so high that I can't get them off even with a 2ft breaker bar, I can't get one off to check it myself and don't want to go down to the garage, get him to take one bolt off, check the shank length, order them, wait for them to arrive and go back again!

I've got a feeling the R172 has either 27mm / 35mm shank length on radius bolts and was considering ordering a set of these (link below) that are 40mm which will obviously be long enough if they're 27mm as standard, but not if they're 35mm!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M14-X-1-5-BLACK-40MM-RADIUS-WHEEL-BOLTS-LOCKING-MERCEDES-VIANO-VITO-V-CLASS-/?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2800fe874d

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
1,000 Posts
Well, its your lucky day!

I normally do not look at any of the rooms outside the general and modifications of the 171 or 172, but I had to check as I had one of my questions arbitrarily moved here as well!

If you are intending to use your AMG 18" wheels then I have everything you need:

4 x 10mm spacers 5x112 14mm milled in Germany (ie superior quality over the likes of Demon Tweeks)
20 x lug bolts M14.1.5 38mm thread length with R14 conical seat retainer.

Make me an offer if you are interested.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, its your lucky day!

I normally do not look at any of the rooms outside the general and modifications of the 171 or 172, but I had to check as I had one of my questions arbitrarily moved here as well!

If you are intending to use your AMG 18" wheels then I have everything you need:

4 x 10mm spacers 5x112 14mm milled in Germany (ie superior quality over the likes of Demon Tweeks)
20 x lug bolts M14.1.5 38mm thread length with R14 conical seat retainer.

Make me an offer if you are interested.
Thanks for the info in the other thread about the shank length, and thanks for the offer, however I've already ordered a 2x 12mm spacers and have some cheapy 8mm spacers to try out as well.

To be honest I'm not even sure if I can go to 12mm due to how low my car is and 10mm would be good, but I'll wait for these to arrive and test them out first.

I'll definitely make you an offer if the 8mm are too small and the 12mm too big though! Out of interest why aren't you using them? Too low?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another quick one ladies and gents!

So if OEM is 27mm, and I'm putting 8mm front, 12mm rear then I need 35mm bolts at the front and 39/40mm bolts at the rear.

I can't find a set of locking wheel bolts that will fit both ends, would it be best to go for a set of 40mm locking bolts meaning that the rears will be fine, but the fronts will be 5mm too big, would this have any adverse effects?

I've managed to find a set of 38mm locking wheel bolts, but then it would be 2mm too small at the rear and 3mm too long at the front.

Any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.