Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R172 SLK55 AMG DYNAMIC HANDLING PACKAGE, CAN IT BE ADDED?

Is it just a button on the dash and a different program in ecu? or are there actual parts on the car that are different? I'm guessing the suspension dampers are already magnetically adjustable, since the car comes with three driving modes already, c, s, and m, s for sport mode making a slight adjustment in handling? anyone attempt or look into adding this package to their benz after the fact?

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
Not if you have the performance option. That includes different shocks (sportier i.e. stiffer). Obviously they could be replaced too, but according to MB it's an OR choice.

I've never seen any 55's with the dynamic handling option but that makes it a challenge, not an impossible (it could turn out that way!)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not if you have the performance option. That includes different shocks (sportier i.e. stiffer). Obviously they could be replaced too, but according to MB it's an OR choice.

I've never seen any 55's with the dynamic handling option but that makes it a challenge, not an impossible (it could turn out that way!)
I thought it was an option on the 55amg, if it was NOT it would make me feel better.
When you say performance option are you referring to the P30 AMG performance package? I happen to NOT have this, I was considering that for an upgrade too, adding the rear limited slip differential, what other parts are part of this package? attached is my datacard for reference, thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
P30 = shocks, brakes, diff and 280 kph. Most people also 'need' to go through an AMG training course. How annoying. NOT. :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts