Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dont waste your time guys I have already done all that. The car goes on to a "limp" mode and wont rev out after 5k.
There is no way round it unless you want a computer geek to go in and mess about in the ecu

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,246 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello
I have this, recommended !!
CHROMETEC. High Quality Tuning für Mercedes-Benz - Mercedes SLK 55 AMG 1712 Tuning mit einer elektronischen Klappensteuerung von Chrometec

Electronic additional flap control for the Mercedes SLK 55 AMG.
Now completely new, the electronic flap control by remote control for the Mercedes SLK 55 AMG.
The sound of the Mercedes SLK 55 AMG in the driving mode '' C '' at Teillast and low engine speeds is almost as poor
describe. This deficiency can now be remedied by our conversion kit for the flap control.
Each of the two rear mufflers of the SLK 55 AMG has an exhaust flap, which can be steplessly operated depending on the power demand of the driver and the engine speed, but at low loads and engine speeds below 2,000 revolutions the flaps remain completely closed. Only when accelerating with a higher load do the exhaust flaps open from 15 degrees up to 50 degrees of opening angle. In driving mode '' S '' at full load and a speed of more than 3900 revolutions, they are then completely opened and you can enjoy the full sound of the 55 AMG.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,992 Posts
I just paddle it, leave in first/2nd and get the revs up. Gives me all the joy I need :wink:

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
977 Posts
I just paddle it, leave in first/2nd and get the revs up. Gives me all the joy I need :wink:
But but but... Len, you cannot ride in 1st and 2nd gears all day.... Alternatively, get a Piecha/Fox exhaust and you can hear the music all through the rev bands.... I love the Fox sport exhaust, it sings a beautiful song (up to 4K rpm - usable rev band for most driving) that will render the HK system mute... permanently. No kidding...

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,992 Posts
But but but... Len, you cannot ride in 1st and 2nd gears all day.... Alternatively, get a Piecha/Fox exhaust and you can hear the music all through the rev bands.... I love the Fox sport exhaust, it sings a beautiful song (up to 4K rpm - usable rev band for most driving) that will render the HK system mute... permanently. No kidding...
Ya, I know. But I'm cheap (and at $900 plus tax and duties, I can adjust :wink:) . Seriously though, you just need to downshift a gear or two and it's there.

And I know it's sacriligious but the drone does gives me a headache after prolonged hearing. It's nice to have just the wind blowing in my ears :surprise:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts