Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered 2014 SLK350
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The answer is really no and yes. The No - you can't use the OTA radio or Sirius from the MB unit to integrate directly into CarPlay

Now the yes -
Option 1. You can change the audio input to any input that is available on your MB audio unit then enable the system and just use the display portion of google maps - no navigation directions. Also to change station you have to disable the CarPlay system go back to NGT, change the station and then re-enable the system to get back to the map. This would be the only option to get OTA radio and you get no visual display of anything relating to the radio or Sirius just the display of the map

Option 2. The SiruisXM app has CarPlay integration, if you subscribe to one of the Sirius plans that has streaming and your phone has unlimited data, you can use the app inside of CarPlay - I've used this and it work just as I would except any integration - the only drawback/benefit is that it's tied to you phone signal so it will drop out if you go through a long dead sport. If you just need the the streaming plan I would recommend you reach out to SiriusXM and see if they have any promotions.

·
Registered 2013 SLK250
5 Posts
The answer is really no and yes. The No - you can't use the OTA radio or Sirius from the MB unit to integrate directly into CarPlay

Now the yes -
Option 1. You can change the audio input to any input that is available on your MB audio unit then enable the system and just use the display portion of google maps - no navigation directions. Also to change station you have to disable the CarPlay system go back to NGT, change the station and then re-enable the system to get back to the map. This would be the only option to get OTA radio and you get no visual display of anything relating to the radio or Sirius just the display of the map

Option 2. The SiruisXM app has CarPlay integration, if you subscribe to one of the Sirius plans that has streaming and your phone has unlimited data, you can use the app inside of CarPlay - I've used this and it work just as I would except any integration - the only drawback/benefit is that it's tied to you phone signal so it will drop out if you go through a long dead sport. If you just need the the streaming plan I would recommend you reach out to SiriusXM and see if they have any promotions.

Thanks, that’s very helpful. If I have google maps on, will I still receive a call?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts