Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered 2013 SLK250 CDI
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the 245/40/17 rear tyres that will need replacing soon due to low tread, currently running Continental rubber.

Done some reading online for alternatives and reviews, not been fully satisfied with Continentals grip.

Any feedback or recommendations from anyone on here as open to change brand. Looking for good grip especially in the wet.

Thanks guy
Gav

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
248 Posts
I´m using Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 245/40 ZR17 in the rear and 225/45 ZR17 in the front.
I like them and they are graded as A for wet conditions.
rated for 69db but not that good for fuel consumption (C)
Fairly priced as I paid 4400 sek for all 4 including shipping. Thats about 330 GBP

·
Registered 2012 SLK250 CDI
217 Posts
Going to replace the rears on my 250cdi with Goodyear F1's, I have Pirelli at the moment which are ok but the torque is wearing them out quickly.

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,600 Posts
I'm currently running on Continental ContiSportContact, but if I do enough/any miles this year, as per this thread:
...I will change to Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (As 18" - PS4s are still not showing on Blackcircles.com here in the UK...)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,340 Posts
Michelin sport 4s

·
Registered 2012 SLK250
35 Posts
Have the 245/40/17 rear tyres that will need replacing soon due to low tread, currently running Continental rubber.

Done some reading online for alternatives and reviews, not been fully satisfied with Continentals grip.

Any feedback or recommendations from anyone on here as open to change brand. Looking for good grip especially in the wet.

Thanks guy
Gav
Hi Gavin,
I too was not satisfied with Continentals gave poor handling and caused unwanted instability in the rear. I changed to Yokohama BlueEarth A and am extremely happy with them. Totaly transformed the car. Quieter, handles better great in the wet and I get around 50,000 klm out of a set. regards, Steve - Australia

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going to replace the rears on my 250cdi with Goodyear F1's, I have Pirelli at the moment which are ok but the torque is wearing them out quickly.
David, why you going to Goodyear if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered 2012 SLK250 CDI
217 Posts
Hi, I do like to fit a decent quality tyre to any vehicle I own. My 250 CDI came with Pirelli P Zero and they are fine for everything except tyre wear!

I was searching online trying to decide what to replace them with, I do about 12,000 miles a year and I do rather enjoy using the 500nm of torque that the engine gives so looking for something a bit more durable, will give a link to a road test which rated the best sport tyres and one of very few to give wear rates.

For my use the Goodyear F1 Eagle is ideal and it also came in at 2nd overall. Hope this helps!

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
347 Posts
I have Pirelli P zero's and have no issue, grip seems to be more than enough for me. I don't do many miles though so wear is not an issue for me (some have mentioned wear issues above).

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
6,162 Posts
I run the original OEM Continental Conti Sport Contact 5 Tyres. They can be skitty when they are cold but when warmed up they provide me with a good level of grip.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I run the original OEM Continental Conti Sport Contact 5 Tyres. They can be skitty when they are cold but when warmed up they provide me with a good level of grip.
I have these on mine but not happy with the grip, hence looking to change to something else

1 - 13 of 13 Posts