Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 SLK 350 goes on limp mode whenever I floor it. Is this normal? I could be rolling along 20 mph and floor it then the abs light, traction control light would come on and go into limp mode. Or from a stop, I would floor it and same things every time.

CEL came on too and won't go away after restart. Have an appointment with dealer but the CEL went away after several restarts.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Never happened to me in the 4 years I've owned my car. Definitely not normal and needs to get checked out.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,881 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hello, same problem. Turns out that a faulty brake sensor (right front passenger in my case) will trigger ABS, ESP, ETC, & CEL lights to come on, plus if you have brake hold feature that is disabled as well. My CEL light went off after several starts too but came back on. Costs for repair is about $400-$500 , fortunately mine had three weeks of warranty left :). Watched it done, very simple. Going to invest in 980i II code reader for $199 that has raving reviews and is Mercedes vehicle specific up to current years and save myself the cost of buying premium lube b4 going to dealership ;).

·
Registered
866 Posts
2012 SLK 350 goes on limp mode whenever I floor it. Is this normal? I could be rolling along 20 mph and floor it then the abs light, traction control light would come on and go into limp mode. Or from a stop, I would floor it and same things every time.

CEL came on too and won't go away after restart. Have an appointment with dealer but the CEL went away after several restarts.
Hope your problem was resolved. I am interested to know what your diagnosis revealed. I understand that EPS, ETC, ABS, and brake hold are all part of the same system and will be affected but I couldn't understand why CEL came on also. After talking with the technician he stated that the CEL can and will come on also, as it is an extra warning more or less to get your attention to the matter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally took the SLK 350 to the dealer for the annual maintenance. The problem persisted, overtime the car was floored, it went into limp mode which sometimes became dangerous when passing someone. Anyways, they have changed the transmission control module and it solved the problem.

The vehicle also developed rattling again and some stalling at start up just like the first time I took it to the dealer last year, they have now replace the whole exhaust system including all catalytic converter. It is now running in a tip top shape and seem to have more pep and go!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.