Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just replaced the horns on my 2014 SLK. You access them from just under the front of the bonnet. If you shine a torch through the grill you can see both of them (one either side of the Mercedes Grill Star). They are on a bracket. Now the interesting bit which will save you considerable cost and hours of work. You do not need to jack up the car, take one wheel off as well as the front bumper/grill. All you have to do is remove the plastic above the grill (there are eight star screws) pull away the air intake vent and tada you have access. Its a little bit fiddly but leave the bracket attached to the car (saves a whole load of time) and unscrew a 10mm nut attached direct to each horn. Now unclip the wires (no need to take off the battery leads). Now pull up (again a bit fiddly (so whats 30 seconds)). Now do the other one the same way. Last part do the reverse of all the above. Total time for a complete novice 30 minutes.

IMPORTANT

One thing I did notice is that when the horns were fitted at manufacture the horn cone is facing front which allows water to get in thus causing the horn failure. When you fit your horns place the horn cone facing down.

NOW WE FINALLY KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE HORNS :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts