Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be grateful if anyone can assist me with fuse allocation information for the 172. As I understand it fuses are located in the engine compartment, beside the the LH dash/glove compartment and in the boot but what is each fuse for. The manual is no help!

295 Posts
I am in the US and have an SLK 350 I bought with 4,500 miles. The fuse allocation chart should be in the trunk along with the spare tire tools. I don't know where it would be on an AMG. My chart was missing. They told me they could not come up with a part number so they could not order it. One of my friends that has a car like mine took his chart to the dealer and showed it to the parts people. The were able to identify it and ordered one for me. When it arrived they wanted $56.00 for it. Being the cheap guy I am I went to my salesman and complained. He told the parts department to give it to me. They did. It is to big to copy.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,668 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or close to it!
On the 172 the rear fusebox is mounted centrally in the boot/trunk together with other components making the upper shelf area under the separator unusable. In my 171 I used this area to stow the wheels of my wheel chair with the frame below this in the lower area and this still allowed space for the roof to operate with still some space for luggage. In the 172 I have no option other than to put the wheels in first with the frame on top in order to close the separator; the 171 made far better use of the luggage space but I guess few other owners used the upper shelf space as I did. The photo shows the 172 rear fusebox and associated electrics.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts