Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
* Registered
R172 SLK200 2013
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After collecting my R172 last Friday and delving into the forums for the past weeks, I have ordered a panoramic roof trim, a smart roof module and a wind deflector, now the wait for them to arrive. What other options/extras have other members found to be a good addition to their car?

·
Super Moderator (UK)
33,982 Posts

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
3,612 Posts
They are the main options (y)

The other items I have is a custom R172 sun shade, which does help to reduce the cabin temperature, slow UV damage & easy to deploy: (Not available in the UK, so had to imported for the US... $$$)

The other item after the SmartTop that I find really useful, is dash top mounted TomTom, for eye level Speed Camera info & Route Guidance:

The last suggestion: If Your no longer planning to store the OEM mesh Wind Deflector in the Boot/Trunk, replace the R172 Boot tray, with a folding R171 boot floor to allow better access to items under the floor:

·
* Registered
R172 SLK200 2013
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are the main options (y)

The other items I have is a custom R172 sun shade, which does help to reduce the cabin temperature, slow UV damage & easy to deploy: (Not available in the UK, so had to imported for the US... $$$)
View attachment 596788
The other item after the SmartTop that I find really useful, is dash top mounted TomTom, for eye level Speed Camera info & Route Guidance:
View attachment 596789
The last suggestion: If Your no longer planning to store the OEM mesh Wind Deflector in the Boot/Trunk, replace the R172 Boot tray, with a folding R171 boot floor to allow better access to items under the floor:
View attachment 596790
The hunt begins for a R171 Boot floor now

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
3,612 Posts
My R172 has a reversible floor which i can hide things under....
I'm guessing that every R172 SLK/SLC comes with that type of floor & allows the OEM Mesh Wind Deflector to be stored safely in the boot, when driving at night or in the winter when it's not being used. (y)

I spotted this when We where at Rockingham race circuit before I upgraded to a R172 & everyone needed to get their towing eye's from out of the boot//tunk... The advantage of the folding R171 boot floor is the the boot/trunk can still be half full and still have a rummage under the floor. With the R172 tray, most of the contents of the boot/trunk needed to be removed....?
As I use My R172 for Road Trips & even for normal days out, I carry "stuff" in the boot, I find the R171 folding version works better for Me:

·
Registered 2014 SLK350
582 Posts
The hunt begins for a R171 Boot floor now
Let us know if you find it...so far I have not been able to. If it is no longer made I might take a look at modifying the existing one.

·
* Premium Member
2019 SLC 300 Black on Black
2,659 Posts
I would suggest you get a curb alert. If you have the lower split air dam on the front it is a must to keep from hitting wheel stops or curbs when pulling into a parking space.

·
Registered 2014 SLK350
582 Posts
Center Console Tray (with some model cars it may need minor modification to fit).

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
105,263 Posts
SmartTop thread here: m4c link also in there

1 - 14 of 14 Posts