Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would post a diagram of the boot cover parts in case anyone needs it. One of the pins holding the cover dislodged from the side (part 420 in diagram) which in turn caused the cover to partially collapse, and I had some difficulty sourcing it at the local workshop. Part of the challenge was the original owner bought the car from a parallel importer, and I couldn't get any help from the authorized dealer workshop unless I paid what they called an "adoption fee" of Singapore$10,000, or US$7,353. Needless to say I was not willing! In the end wrote to MB Germany and they forwarded my email to the Singapore MB corporate office which then asked me to contact the spare parts department of the same dealer. 1 big circuitous route so the car could be driven as a convertible. By the way as the spare parts salesperson was not a mechanic, it took quite a few attempts before he could locate the right diagram, but I now have the hat tray and mechanical components of the Vario cover if anyone is interested:)
Grateful to MB for caring enough to link me up to someone who could help.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,000 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts