Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I wish I could have one of whose seats install, beige color. Must be a lot of work just for installing it, might be pricy too.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
They almost look too high, how they are sticking out significantly above the roll-bars. It can't be the headrests because they look like they are in the lowest position. Hopefully this is a matter of having the seat bottoms cranked up to highest setting and not a result of the 172 seats being substantially taller than the 171s.

I like the overall shape and look and the color contrast but not the oversized appearance on those pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
The color contrast is almost too radical for my tastes.

--BUT, it does look really nice.
I agree-although it looks like it offers more support, it sort've sticks out like a sore thumb. Not a fan of the wheels or fender vents either but to each their own.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Good work, I hope the guy is very happy with them.

The R171 seats may not be to everyone's taste in terms of comfort (though I find them to be perfectly fine), but in terms of styling and elegance I think they are much better than the R172 seats. The cast magnesium section is very pleasing to look at and of course very light and strong.

The R172 seat are more chunky and more in keeping with the look and feel of the R172. I think the bolstering provides better lateral support than the R171 seats and they are comfortable.

On balance though, I prefer the seats as MB intended...

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol Friends have you driven a Fiat lately????? I take them R 172 Amg Seats anyday in the 500... 2 get my Car Bombs D Cups out of my Face while looking 4 the perfect Line into the Apex

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think they look great but how does the seatbelt harness work? It looks like the loop is too high. Hats off to him for getting them in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.