Mercedes SLK World banner

121 - 140 of 163 Posts

·
Super Moderator 2013 SLK350
1,845 Posts
If you would ship to Canada I would take it !! Love them both but my wife likes the diamond better and that is what I will be getting!
Winner winner... chicken dinner... Check your PM.

Reactions: Reliableron

·
1,845 Posts
Time to update the honor roll of all the owners and their cars that have added the new grille...

@DColon614 - 2014 SLK250 - Diamond Grille
DColon614.jpg

@Rooster OG - 2013 SLK55 AMG - Diamond Grille

Rooster.jpeg

@Puripatra Pat - 2014 SLK200 - Diamond Grille
Puripatra.jpg

@yuri - 2012 SLK250 CDi - Panamericana Chrome-Black Grille
Yuri-1.jpg

@Col - 2012 SLK55 AMG - Panamericana All-Black Grille
Col.jpg

@Migsy999 - 2011 SLK200 - Panamericana All-Black Grille
Migsy.jpg

@BabyPowder - 2011 SLK350 - Panamericana Chrome-Black Grille
BabyPowder.jpg

@eyelessmd - 2014 SLK250 - Panamericana Chrome-Black Grille
eyelessmd.jpg

@nimbusgb - 2014 SLK55 AMG - Panamericana Chrome-Black Grille
Silver-with-panamericana.jpg

@Rv8 - 2015 SLK55 AMG - Panamericana Chrome-Black Grille
White-with-panamericana.jpg

·
1,845 Posts
Contd...

@b82012 - 2013 SLK350 - Panamericana Chrome-Black Grille
d-way-4.jpg

@Mealor - 2018 SLC43 AMG - Panamericana All-Black Grille
Mealor.jpg

Honorable mention goes to @LatinViking (2011 SLK200 - Panamericana Chrome-Black)
20191121_145448.jpg

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,713 Posts
Having been admiring a Panamericana grille whilst reading a post in another thread, it has occured to me that the upper section of these grilles have quite large holes. Has anyone who has fitted one of these included any mesh to protect the rad from what could be relatively large objects getting through at speed?

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,664 Posts
Having been admiring a Panamericana grille whilst reading a post in another thread, it has occured to me that the upper section of these grilles have quite large holes. Has anyone who has fitted one of these included any mesh to protect the rad from what could be relatively large objects getting through at speed?
That’s a good point there David. I wonder if there’s a secondary mesh on the OEM grilles on AMG GT models etc? The largest holes in mine are about 40mm square.

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
15,681 Posts

·
1,845 Posts
Good observation @Windinmyhair. Coincidentally I was at my local MB dealership today and after reading your post I checked out a couple brand new AMGs on the dealer lot. Turns out that MB does NOT have any mesh behind the panamericana grilles (see pics below).

Stock AMG GT panamericana grille (zoomed in view)
AMG grille open-3.jpg

The AM panamericana grille installed on many of the cars in this thread actually included a plastic cover at the bottom leaving only the top without cover (red line in image below). Hence this AM grille offers more protection for the lower portion of the radiator than in the stock ones MB uses.

AM panamericana grille (sold by CKS Performance)
panamericana-black-chrome.jpg

·
1,845 Posts
Need to add one more member with the Panamericana grille into this roll-call thread....

@Labros Nicolaras 2013 SLK200 - Panamericana chrome-black grille
Labros_SLK.jpg

·
Registered 2011 SLK200-From Stuttgart, Germany
32 Posts
Good observation @Windinmyhair. Coincidentally I was at my local MB dealership today and after reading your post I checked out a couple brand new AMGs on the dealer lot. Turns out that MB does NOT have any mesh behind the panamericana grilles (see pics below).

Stock AMG GT panamericana grille (zoomed in view)
View attachment 577045

The AM panamericana grille installed on many of the cars in this thread actually included a plastic cover at the bottom leaving only the top without cover (red line in image below). Hence this AM grille offers more protection for the lower portion of the radiator than in the stock ones MB uses.

AM panamericana grille (sold by CKS Performance)
View attachment 577046
I have the shown grill with the cover at the lower part. This is needed, because my SLK has code:
233AUTONOMOUS INT. CRUISE CONT. PLUS (DISTRONIC PLUS)
Also called ACC Adaptive Cruise Control
The radar sensors are behind the covers. This is for R172 from 2011-2016 I guess. Without such a cover, the radars would be naked and destroyed by little rocks or approaching big flies :D You can see what I`m talking about on page 5 of this threat. After switching from SLK to SLC the Radar fro DTR is behind the star in the middle and no 2 extra Radars left and right as before

Cheers

·
32 Posts
got my grill last week, ship friday from UK delivered monday to Canada :p

looks very good!
The color or your car is awsome!!! In that combination the black grill could also be freaking awsome :)
You should program, that your DRL in the front bumper runs with the positionlights together during daylight ;)
And now get the chrome hood fins as well ;)

·
1,845 Posts
looks very good!
The color or your car is awsome!!! In that combination the black grill could also be freaking awsome :)
You should program, that your DRL in the front bumper runs with the positionlights together during daylight ;)
I asked a Service Tech at my local MB dealership and he said the only way to do this is by upgrading to a newer headlight system at very prohibitive cost. How did you get yours done?

·
32 Posts
I asked a Service Tech at my local MB dealership and he said the only way to do this is by upgrading to a newer headlight system at very prohibitive cost. How did you get yours done?
Star Diag/Vediamo Coding without any HW change but dealers are not allowed in regular to do that kind of work. You have to find a "coder" next to you who can code your ECUs

·
Registered 2014 SLK350
20 Posts
looks very good!
Thanks

Its Canvansite blue, LED should be on during day time as they are DRLs here, just had my car on accessories mode as I was spending a bit of time taking pictures.

anyone notice it looks way better with the top up with the new grill?

·
1,845 Posts
We see only one image of your car. Personally, I think the car with the new grille looks great top up or down, but a smidgen better with top up/roof closed, IMHO.

121 - 140 of 163 Posts