Mercedes SLK World banner

101 - 120 of 163 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK200
29 Posts
Hi, does anyone have a link to a video that shows how to remove the grill step by step? I have a SLK 200 2012.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,713 Posts
This shows bumper removal:
I would think removal of the grill would be fairly obvious once the bumper is off. Others have recently swapped grills so will doubtless advise later.

·
Registered 2012 SLK200
29 Posts
This shows bumper removal:
I would think removal of the grill would be fairly obvious once the bumper is off. Others have recently swapped grills so will doubtless advise later.
Thanks!
Looking forward to hear from others as well and if it's possible to do it without raising the car on a lift.

·
Super Moderator 2013 SLK350
1,845 Posts
Thanks!
Looking forward to hear from others as well and if it's possible to do it without raising the car on a lift.
Read back on this thread and you will get a lot of info on DIYs as well as shop-installs to guide you.

Good luck. And don't forget to post the pic when installed.

·
1,845 Posts
It has been 11 days since I returned the all-black grill to CKS Performance, but it appears to be stuck somewhere between Heathrow Airport and Watford since last Saturday March 21st. I have called USPS but cannot get thru to a live human being, and with the UK in lock down, not sure what to do or how long this "In Transit" package message tracking will last. I reached out to CKS and they confirmed they have NOT received the package as of Friday the 27th.

Frustrating as hell...

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
15,681 Posts
Probably going to be a long wait. Better just re-install the original for now.

Reactions: b82012

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,664 Posts
It has been 11 days since I returned the all-black grill to CKS Performance, but it appears to be stuck somewhere between Heathrow Airport and Watford since last Saturday March 21st. I have called USPS but cannot get thru to a live human being, and with the UK in lock down, not sure what to do or how long this "In Transit" package message tracking will last. I reached out to CKS and they confirmed they have NOT received the package as of Friday the 27th.

Frustrating as hell...
Hopefully it will get there soon and CKS will ship the replacement. In other grille news, yesterday I reverted to a chrome front star by removing the plastidip as I was detailing the entire front end.

2F917AB6-21A9-459E-9CEE-D66791BE84BC.jpeg
AAB73B92-3D19-442E-A2F0-2366AA4E135E.jpeg
A621CC0B-72BE-48C5-9AAC-F6481CF5D94E.jpeg

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
15,681 Posts
Looks good Col BUT I wish they made it smaller.

·
1,845 Posts
@Col that silver star in the middle of the all-black grill looks really nice and elegant (y)

@LeonardoDaBenz I still have my current diamond grill installed...
Diamond_grill_5.jpg

·
1,845 Posts
After you’ve received and fitted the new grille I hope you don’t decide you preferred the Diamond grille after all.:D
Nah... I want it to look exactly like this one
White-with-panamericana.jpg

Reactions: Col

·
1,845 Posts
It took me awhile to come to this swap decision..... the diamond grille is a great upgrade from stock IMHO, but the panamericana grill takes it up another notch, and I understand why MB chose it as its new flagship AMG grill...

Reactions: Col

·
1,845 Posts
The Saga Continues....

This AM I received a letter from CKS they received from UK Customs, claiming I owe another $85 before they will release the grille package.... grrrrrrrrrr..... what a mess....

Custom_&_VAT.jpg

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
15,681 Posts
I guess they want reimbursement from you for them having to "import" that grill you sent back (that they had to pay to get
it in-country). Must be some exclusion for returns you would think?

·
1,845 Posts
I guess they want reimbursement from you for them having to "import" that grill you sent back (that they had to pay to get
it in-country). Must be some exclusion for returns you would think?
Trying to get this over, so I can move on...

All-Black-Grille-Return_VAT-Payment.jpg

·
1,845 Posts
It is here. Finally.

And what a beaut it is!!!

Grille-3.jpg

I did a quick prop to see how it will look on the car, and let us just say, I cannot wait to have it installed.
Grille-2.jpg

Current diamond grille isn't bad, but compared to the above, it is meh... that's why I am excited about the new grill. The wait (and cost) to get the right one is well worth it, and glad I did return the all-black...
Diamond_grill_1.jpg

·
1,845 Posts
Installed tonight...

panam-4.jpg

panam-8.jpg

panam-7.jpg

·
1,845 Posts
If anyone wants my diamond grille it is FREE to you, just pay for the cost of shipping and its all yours. Send me a PM.

101 - 120 of 163 Posts