Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,381 Posts
Hmmm, may well be worth an enquiry to the seller as they have this listed as fitting all 172s from 2011 to 2018. The 172 SLC from 2016 has a different grille aperture to the previous incarnations. AFIK, a 172 SLC grille will not fit a 172 SLK:|

·
Registered 2013 SLK350
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, may well be worth an enquiry to the seller as they have this listed as fitting all 172s from 2011 to 2018. The 172 SLC from 2016 has a different grille aperture to the previous incarnations. AFIK, a 172 SLC grille will not fit a 172 SLK:|
Good spot, I'm not 100% sure if it's for me any way as the diamond grill and honey comb lower grill would play havoc with my OCD,but would like to see one fitted if it was an option.

·
Registered
303 Posts

I don’t know if this one will fit the SLK vs the SLC because the grille insert on an SLC is not the same shape as the SLK. I bought a diamond grille for a W205 last year and had it customized to fit my R172, this is how it looks:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,701 Posts
Diamonds should be in the back, not the front:

Be Thankful
William DeVaughn

Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac
Gangsta whitewalls
TV antennas in the back
You may not have a car at all
But remember brothers and sisters
You can still stand tall
Just be thankful for what you got
Diamond in the back, sunroof top
Diggin' the scene
With a gangsta lean.....

:laugh:

·
Registered 2013 SLK350
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t know if this one will fit the SLK vs the SLC because the grille insert on an SLC is not the same shape as the SLK. I bought a diamond grille for a W205 last year and had it customized to fit my R172, this is how it looks:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be Thankful
William DeVaughn

Gangsta whitewalls
TV antennas in the back
You may not have a car at all
But remember brothers and sisters
You can still stand tall
Just be thankful for what you got
Diamond in the back, sunroof top
Diggin' the scene
With a gangsta lean.....

:laugh:
Well you can't argue with that.

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG/2005 SLK280
41 Posts
Diamond Grill

I know this is an old thread but thought you guys may be interested in this Diamond grill for the R172. I came across it while browsing Aliexpress for a carbon boot spoiler. It is the 4th picture in the line.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000187483283.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.16205d684os1Bs&algo_pvid=cda88072-ec95-4374-8920-df1047a6f1d9&algo_expid=cda88072-ec95-4374-8920-df1047a6f1d9-51&btsid=68626de3-d083-4f66-ac06-db00666c504c&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_6,searchweb201603_52

Happy Shopping:wink:

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
54 Posts
Huh, it looks like they have a pan American grille knock off too. I will admit I’m not a huge fan of the chain link fence grille we have now. I think having two different grilles up front might bother me though.

·
Premium Member 2015 SLK55 AMG
96 Posts
Now I’m sorely tempted with the Panamericana grille. AMG GT style, I want one!

·
96 Posts
CKS Performance do these for £199.95 +VAT www.cksperformance.com

They are most likely the same ones from AliExpress where you can get them cheaper, but then you have to factor in the VAT and any import taxes. (Checking that now!)

Anybody bought one of these?

Attachments

·
96 Posts

They are most likely the same ones from AliExpress where you can get them cheaper, but then you have to factor in the VAT and any import taxes. (Checking that now!)

OK, looks like with customs duty and VAT the price is the same, around £240. Now, do I fit this myself (how hard can it be!) or do I pay cksperformance £107.40 to do it for me?

·
96 Posts

Bought one of these today after a visit to CKS Performance in Watford. Interestingly it comes with both the upper and lower grille, which I wasn’t aware of. CKS informed me that the AMG bumper standard grille has the upper and lower parts as one piece, therefore you need the lower grille as well. They also said they had only just received stock of these but had a huge amount of interest already. (They haven’t actually fitted any themselves as yet though!)

I’m hoping to fit these at the weekend, weather permitting.

I’ll post some pictures once done.

·
96 Posts
All done, took me about three hours on my own and I found it quite straightforward to remove and refit the bumper.
I followed the basics from a video link on MB owners club "Mercedes Benz SLK | Remove/install/adjust front bumper" which was a great help.

Different to the video I removed all of the bolts and fixings first then disconnected the cables (just three of these) as it made them easier to get to, and they're a pain to disconnect.

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,599 Posts
Looks great! I have a full black version on it’s way! I ordered it a couple of weeks ago when the link above was posted! Looks like it’s a very good fit! It’s great they finally did a version for our cars, complete with parking sensor holes etc. Glad I held out and didn’t buy the C-Class version.

I think it should arrive this week sometime so I may be able to fit it next weekend! The seller sent me a photo as it was being packaged suggesting that it also comes with the lower grille.

Attachments

·
96 Posts
Mine came with the lower grill too Col, as CKS performance thought that the two grills on my car were actually one piece. (They checked on the MB parts listing)

They mentioned that non AMG style cars may have a different arrangement up front. Anyway, I didn’t need the lower grill.

A point to note is that I’m not sure there’s any need to remove the undertray as mentioned in the video instructions. There are 12 bolts in all to remove, 2 x 10mm in the top of each wheelarch and 4 x 8mm on the top edge with another 4 x 8mm at the bottom, along with 6 expansion clips, 2 in each wheel arch and 2 at the bottom of the bumper. Then, once the bumper is loosened, just disconnect two small connectors, one on each side and one larger one on the drivers side (for us Brits anyhow!)

Incidentally I had to rotate the two parking sensors 180 degrees as they wouldn’t fit the other way in the new grill.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts