Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've got my car booked in next week for the X pipe conversion. I am getting a bit gittery about changing the factory set up. If I go ahead should I have the centre box plus the two small front boxes removed, or just go for the centre box removal. I'm not looking for any performance gain, but a bit more rasp to the sound would be nice.

Anyone's comments / opinions on the above would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dave.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
136 Posts
I removed the resonator on mine and ran the exhaust straight through to the rear silencers and it sounds awesome

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,402 Posts
X-pipe is always good. Get rid of those two resonators to get the right sound output your car needs to make when you put your foot down... slowly and then with purpose....>:D Saying this as someone who has done the conversion, though not on a 55 AMG setup... but the sound velocity and volume without resonators was a world different compared with resonators.

Just. do. it.

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
13 Posts
I removed the resonator, installed the x-pipe and tucked the resonator away. Nice difference, very quiet in "normal" driving but a little aggressive under heavy throttle. Cold starts are a bit nasty....perfect!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts