Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered 2013 SLK350
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered a lot already,

I just went to the garage to see what i can do to make the car a bit louder with some nice burbles and my secondary cats have the lambda sensor after them, so is it worth just removing the small resonator?
Will I notice much difference?
Ta.

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,063 Posts
Thanks, anyone know which x pipe is best for this particular model?
There is a thread on "Exhaust Options" right here on this sub forum (Link here). You will find quite a few options to help you.

Also, a thread that attempts to collect some of the mods on R172s on this forum (Link here). Check it out if there is anything that can help you...

Good luck.

·
Registered 2013 SLK350
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, just read through that and gives a few options, for now thought I think I will go with the 2.25" Magnaflow x pipe and see how it sounds.

·
Registered 2013 SLK350
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lersy, any feedback on how you got on with this?
Hi griff,

I got long life to fabricate and fit an x pipe in the end, cost £400 all in, overall very pleased, sounds perfect in sport with a few quiet pops and burbles, very similar to standard in eco.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
94 Posts
Hi griff,

I got long life to fabricate and fit an x pipe in the end, cost £400 all in, overall very pleased, sounds perfect in sport with a few quiet pops and burbles, very similar to standard in eco.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for that. New to the SLK and interested in what the options may be.

Actually like the idea of the stock look of the exhaust, but with a bit 'more', which it sounds like what you got..

Only had the car for a month, so probably need to settle in to it a bit more before doing anything yet.

·
Registered 2013 SLK350
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that. New to the SLK and interested in what the options may be.

Actually like the idea of the stock look of the exhaust, but with a bit 'more', which it sounds like what you got..

Yes, thats exactly what i have and no need for more, perfect as it is now.
If your ever down south, you're welcome to come and have a listen/ride.

Only had the car for a month, so probably need to settle in to it a bit more before doing anything yet.
I only had mine a couple of weeks before fitting x pipe, K&N filter, wider tyres, amg rear spoiler, front AMG grill, dash cam and rear reversing camera, just a front big brake kit to do now :wink:

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
94 Posts
Thanks for offer. Probably unlikely to get down that way. Shame.

There is Long Life not too far from me, so maybe worth a call. Good luck with the brakes 😀

1 - 11 of 11 Posts