Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after many weeks since I went over to see Russ I am bewildered by the variation in prices for the same spec and mileage cars whether it be dealer or private sale

2005 models anywhere between £15K and £21K plus a few more examples!

My heart is set on a 2008 model from MB Retail Watford with every extra I can think of and a 2 year Tier 1 warranty and it is excellent condition, so how come they can sell that for £19K when elsewhere seems a rip off that includes private sales to?

Is £19K a good price to pay , it would appear so?

If you try some of the free valuation sites then obviously it would not, I guess its a "supply and demand" and the prestige of the SLK55?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,062 Posts
The r171 55 is worth its weight in gold!
I have been smiling for 9 years now :D

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
5,856 Posts
Mark that looks incredibly good value at £19k and comes with a 2 year warranty. I cannot see that being there for long at that price. For info I paid £27k for a 2012 version with 28,000 miles on the clock in April from a main dealer with a 2 year warranty.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,210 Posts
Summer prices are higher.

The obvious like paint quality, OEM extras, After market extras, number of owners, mileage etc confuses.

Colour is a biggie.

Blue and red are premium.

No more SLK 55s will push prices up.

Even when I looked the other year, prices were scattered and apparently not easily figured.

If they stay on the forecourt a week it is rare. Blue and red go in 3 days! Unless there are issues/price hikes.

Decided on what you are prepared to pay and be happy.

If you pay £19K but find you need £1K work, that is still a winner.

TAKE THE CHECK LIST!
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/68666-new-used-vehicle-pickup-checklist.html

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark that looks incredibly good value at £19k and comes with a 2 year warranty. I cannot see that being there for long at that price. For info I paid £27k for a 2012 version with 28,000 miles on the clock in April from a main dealer with a 2 year warranty.
Martin

This is the car in palladium silver it looks much better in the day of light rather than the pictures

Used Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class | Watford | Mercedes-Benz Retail Group

Very good spec making my call tomorrow to hold , hopefully still there !

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
5,856 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK200
614 Posts
That.

Looks lovely :grin:

Airscarf?

Not mentioned in description but maybe looks like it has in pic?

Love the interior :wink:

Best of luck, and then let us know of your first mod....>:D

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,491 Posts
That.

Looks lovely :grin:

Airscarf?

Not mentioned in description but maybe looks like it has in pic?
Has it. One of the pics shows the button for it :tu:

·
Long Time Member 2005 SLK350
3,700 Posts
This one is on auto trader at moment , got to say I love the colour but still like the 350 to much to part with it at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think it looks great too. I've been looking myself and that price looks about right.

Unfortunately I don't have enough gold nuggets to get one yet. Last weeks £2.70 lottery win didn't really help.

Hope all goes well today.
Well it had been sold by the time I made my call, and to all who asked yes it did have Airscarf

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Has it. One of the pics shows the button for it :tu:
Here is the spec........

Airguide, AMG ergonomic sports steering wheel, Cup holder, Rain-sensing wipers, Telephone pre-wiring with hands-free facility, AMG brake system, AMG instrument cluster RACETIMER, AMG spoiler lip on boot lid, AMG sports seats, Parktronic - audio and visual parking aid, Passenger seat electrically adjustable with memory, Auto dimming rear-view and driver's exterior mirror, AMG Driver's Package, Electric drivers seat exterior mirrors with memory, AIRSCARF, 7G-Tronic automatic with tipfunction speedtronic cruise control, Tyre pressure loss warning system, AMG performance sports suspension, Exterior mirrors - electrically folding, COMAND - integrated 6 disc CD/DVD changer, Media Interface, Luxury automatic climate control, DAB digital radio, Headlamp wash, Bi-Xenon headlamps, Cornering light function, High-capacity battery, Fire extinguisher, AMG bodystyling, AMG multi-spoke wheels 45, Harman Kardon® Logic 7® Surround-sound system, Technical modifications (09), Heated front seats, Interior lighting package, Central locking system with infrared remote control, AMG floor mats

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,653 Posts
The prices this season have been totally ridiculous. I am looking at selling mine and buying an end of run 2010 R171 with the lowest mileage i could find in order to keep it as my final play car. ( retirement in a few years and the death of new petrol cars soon! )

Prices ranged from 'try it on' dealers asking 5 to 10k more than a car was worth to reasonably priced but older than I wanted or higher mileage examples. i saw one top end priced one that was a complete dog, it seems to have dropped off the market, some poor bugger has a lemon on his hands.

I have looked at a newer R172 55 from Approved Mercedes around the £30k mark. Lovely car but my heart is still with the R171 and I think a well kept one could be worth a few bob in 10 years time. Fortunately I can wait but it might well be a long time. :(

Supply of late R171 55's appears to have dried up over the past two weeks or so. Guess I'll have to wait for winter to set in!

>> EDIT. Having said that ......... one candidate has popped up ...... hmmmm <<

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think the price is higher due to the paint as same car in silver would be less I guess.

Another odd quirk to prices
I guess so all down to personal taste, not my taste that is for sure and I don't like the interior colour either; it has been on the market for a long time to !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts