Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got an OEM mesh wind deflector quite cheaply of eBay that was listed for a 2007 model however my car is a 2005 and while it seems to be a good fit the press studs on either side of the head rest seem to be different to those on the deflector and don't clip securely as they should....is it possible to change these as a modification?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts
2004/5 through 2008 pre facelift should have fitted. Have you checked your owner's manual to make sure you are installing it right? just saying. Other than that and the snaps are deformed, you might have been sold a facelift version

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the reply however the male studs on the headrest are much smaller than the press studs on the deflector but it looks like the male studs have an 8mm hexagonal nut securing them to the headrest and was wondering if a larger version replacement stud was available?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts
probably not. maybe one of our members with the pre facelift mesh can upload a few pics of their snaps for you

maybe some vendor/shoe maker for want of better idea can make the right size snap on the other side of the wrong size snap so you can use it.

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
IIRC the "studs" were changed by MB to a slightly different size in the pre-facelift R171, I just don't remember exactly which model year (my rough guess is between North American model year 2006 to 2007, European/UK model year is usually one year ahead of North American models).

Perhaps someone can check in the MB parts/EPC to see if the studs have a separate part number. Sometimes in EPC the part numbers will be "qualified" as to model year or VIN.

That said, I'd still get/choose the OEM perspex (Lexan®) clear rear draught stop over the fabric net/"panty-hose" type.

Reactions: griff and jbanks15

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts
Dr Eddy means this if not going for the Windrestrictor plexi/lexan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Vehicle Automotive design Car Concept car Personal luxury car
ignore the perspex screen but these are the same studs fitted to my roll bars but are too small...
IIRC the "studs" were changed by MB to a slightly different size in the pre-facelift R171, I just don't remember exactly which model year (my rough guess is between North American model year 2006 to 2007, European/UK model year is usually one year ahead of North American models).

Perhaps someone can check in the MB parts/EPC to see if the studs have a separate part number. Sometimes in EPC the part numbers will be "qualified" as to model year or VIN.

That said, I'd still get/choose the OEM perspex (Lexan®) clear rear draught stop over the fabric net/"panty-hose" type.

·
Registered totalled my 2009 SLK300 in 2018
20 Posts
just got an OEM mesh wind deflector quite cheaply of eBay that was listed for a 2007 model however my car is a 2005 and while it seems to be a good fit the press studs on either side of the head rest seem to be different to those on the deflector and don't clip securely as they should....is it possible to change these as a modification?
When I got my 2009 SLK300 the dealer ordered me a mesh deflector. When it came in the connectors that go over the studs would not fit (studs too big). The service tech checked the parts catalog and found there are two sizes and ordered the smaller ones for my car. Easy swap out just thread out and in. Sorry I don't have the part numbers but the tech found it pretty quick.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts
part numbers and parts list attached

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.