Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy almost takes out a fire hydrant not once, but TWICE! I love it...

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
How do the tail lights look over there?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Saturday, my wife and I were out for a top down drive. We went out to the lake, which is virtually abandoned this time of year, but is a scenic drive none the less. We pulled in to the boat ramp, where there was a huge paved parking lot, restrooms, and no one else around. She asked me to stop by the rest rooms, and while I was waiting I kept looking at that big unused piece of blacktop.

Suddenly my little SLK jumped forward, shutting the passenger door, and did a loud, sharp, smoky U-turn, and parked right back where it started! (much to my amazement) I blame this video and my wifes tiny bladder, for the inspiration to pull such a shenanigan.

When she returned, she said, "What was that squealing noise?"

"I didn't hear any noise" I replied.

We drove off quietly enjoying the view, and we were both smiling. :)

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I don't see the sense in spinning around in a parking lot and driving senselessly in such a nice car. I can think of better ways to have fun!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I know you are right Lew, and I did feel a little guilty after I spun it around.

On the other hand, there was no one there but me, and I was curious how the traction control would work. It is a little different when it comes on, and I may have learned something about the handling I wasn't aware of.

It reminds me of the cartoon where the guy has a little angel on one shoulder, and a little devil on the other arguing over what to do.

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,209 Posts
the guy in the video - did he have his wife in the passenger seat? if i was in that seat, I'd say - "get in the passenger seat... I wanna try something"

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,209 Posts
I've done it on snow, and on wet pavement but never on dry - I treasure my low mileage tires too much - Looks like I will end up getting a new set every year

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Spinning Round and Round

I know you are right Lew, and I did feel a little guilty after I spun it around.

On the other hand, there was no one there but me, and I was curious how the traction control would work. It is a little different when it comes on, and I may have learned something about the handling I wasn't aware of.

It reminds me of the cartoon where the guy has a little angel on one shoulder, and a little devil on the other arguing over what to do.
Now that's funny. I had another SLK get totaled by another driver last year, so seeing stunts still makes me very nervous. I know, I know. I should get over it with a little medication coupled with CBT. JK ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the vid & glad you missed the post/hydrant!

Been there, done that, mistakes were made, totaled my first SLK.

Nowadays my nerves find it more enjoyable to watch others perform typical adolescent car maneuvers. Its like the entertainment value in watching others get drunk, as opposed to waking up in the morning and either looking at the car one last time before it goes off for repair/salvage or asking others to tell you what all went on the night before.

I do believe them both to be some of life's little rights of passage though so :tazz:Y)

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,825 Posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts