Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to fit r171 leather seats into my r170! I love the look of them an think it would suit my little r170 perfectly.

Firstly my car has manual everything an are heated! But I kno most r171's are memory or air scalfed. I'm not fussed if that doesn't work ( result if I could wire then up) but would still need to manually change the seat. And finally do they actually fit?

Just wondered if anyone had done this before?

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
I dont know but I wouldnt bother with 171 seats they are rubbish. If you want new seats there are much better ones around

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
It's strange how people either really love R171 seats (as I do), or hate them as Jon does. I never have a problem with them - must be my natural padding!!

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
They are the worst seats I have had in a car since the days of my mk1 cortina. They are hard. No lumber support and the heaters are a total disaster

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
The air scarf or head scarf in my case is fine. The heaters are something you could well do without By the time they warm up ( if they work) your bum has already warmed the seat up. Its the lack of support for a sports car I find bad. Even my MX5 had better supporting seats

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh :( I do like a seat with good support! thanks for both your views :) i will have a little look around and see what is out there :D

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
If you have the cash I would buy a pair of 170 seats and get them re modelled to suit your tastes. Be a lot less hassle IMHO

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
to be honest, I have a very boney bum and thats what probably did for my heating element. probably had the same effect as kneeling on it :biglaugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.