1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
I found the easiest / cheapest way to add bluetooth, ipod,mp3 and usb was with a Parrot Mki 9000 and a Unika module for steering wheel control .

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
Having read a lot of threads on this site here is my opinion. I think there may be one guy who has put one in and it worked. Everyone else either had a bad experience or recommends heavily against it. There are plenty of threads on here - search command and retrofit or Audio 20 - and many knowledgeable people who file this one under the "You get what you pay for" heading.

Just my two cents. TIFWIW

I'm looking to upgrade mine as well, but I won't be going this route. If you do and make it work, then make sure that you let us know. And include pics !

Best Wishes,
Gene

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
I've just pulled an Audio 20 out of my 55 and replaced it with a double DIN Alpine headunit (IVA-W205R)...

It's got ipod in , BLuetooth, Navigation, Reverse camera etc etc (additional hideaway modules needed for Bluetooth & Nav, but these can be added at any time)

Straight forward enough (with help from a few members on here), and with a suitable installation kit from CarsDirect it looks pretty good when fitted, and allows the steering wheel controls to work as intended for the headunit.

This particular range from Alpine also supports Vehicle Display, so the headunit info is still presented on the upper MFD..

May be worth looking at something along these lines as opposed to the Chinese No Name stuff...

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.